GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,668
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, Carpetkwk
» Online Users: 928
0 members and 928 guests
No Members online

Old 03-22-2001, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Unhappy !!Email Breakup!!

Yea, what is up with that madness? One of my better friends gets this emial from his "so-called" girlfriend saying that she wanted to break up with him... HELLO! So why did she do that? They live in the same dorm tower, and she had to write him an email to break up with him?!?!?!?! I think it's totally jacked up, mostly because they've been together since our freshman year of college, and I thought the girl was pretty kewl, but that is just shallow and wrong to break up with someone in an email...what is the world coming to..errrrrrrrrrrrrr
some women are just too dang confusing!
a very confused damasa
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-22-2001, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
that is totally rude. in my opinion, an email "breakup" is only acceptable when you're declining a date with someone you've only been out with a few times--kinda that place where you're not really a couple but more than acquaintances...
Old 03-22-2001, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Is he sure it was her who sent it? I mean, maybe her roomie or someone is playing a cruel joke on him??? I'm trying to be positive here, because if she ACUTALLY broke up with him via email, she is a coward and he deserves better!
Old 03-22-2001, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Depending on how long they dated and how serious they were...if I were him I'd march to her room and demand an explination! That form of break up is more impersonal and almost an insult. It is my opinion that she's to chicken to really tell him why she's breaking up with him and he's probably better off without her. But then again, I could just be blowing this out of porportion.
Some people just aren't common sence smart!
Hope he's okay!
Hootie
Old 03-22-2001, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
THIS JUST IN:
He just went over to her room and came back to tell me the 411. She said that she sent him the breakup email because she loves him to much and cares for him too much to break up with him in person, she said it would hurt her too much. HELLO. If she loves him and cares for him that much, why the hell is she breaking up with him? He has never done anything bad to this girl and he has always been there for her...i think that she is cheating and just doesn't want to admitt it...and she feels bad so she broke up with him...hmmmmmm..any ideas?
Old 03-22-2001, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah that sounds like it. She is cheating. Oh well, if he is as good as a guy you say, he will find some one else. It sucks these things happen, but it still happens.
Old 03-22-2001, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

scandalous college girls, billy they are the cause of all of insanity!! LOL

Old 03-22-2001, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

lol yeah they are.
Old 03-22-2001, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to admit that I did somewhat of an email breakup once. It wasn't really a breakup, since we only dated for a little while, so it was more of a "I don't want to see you anymore" email.

Now before anyone gets mad at me for being cowardly, the reason I did this is because I believe the guy is psycho. He got so mad at me once that he wouldn't speak to me because I wanted a pizza with the toppings I liked on one half and the toppings he liked on the other half. He wanted me to like his toppings too, and have the whole pizza that way. He also got mad at me once about something totally inconsequential, and waited until we got to a movie theater to tell me about it. This was because, and I quote, "We're in a public place so you can't get mad at me and make a scene, and you can't leave since I drove."

So sometimes the whole email thing might be okay, to prevent having to be in person with a crackpot like him. Not that I'm saying that the situation here is anything like that!
Old 03-22-2001, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I agree with Billy!

Men are SOMETHING ELSE, too!

Old 03-22-2001, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Yeah . . . barring total psychosis (as said before), you probably shouldn't break anything off unless it's in person, if you're serious - i'm not a big fan of even doing it over the phone if it's real serious; you probably owe each other as much at that point. either way, definitely not email ...
Old 03-22-2001, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hey!!

Where's y'alls playa cardz??? You let this trick, treat your boy like that!!! Wuzzzup with that???

Then again, did your boy lay it on her? If he did, she'd be knock down his door... He'd havta break up wit her 'cuz she's running up under him...

Guess, she broke it off with him before he did. There's more to the story than what he's telling you. You are only hearing one side of the tale. And you may get caught in the middle. So, basically, stay outta grown folx business... If you know what I mean...
Old 03-23-2001, 02:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey i'm grown! LOL...well i know everything he told me..but i don't know anymore..and the girl who will remain nameless and who i know from my hometown is trying to drag me into it, making it seem as if she's the innocent one...nah she's so scandalous, she's so scandalous!!! I don't know, and i really don't want to know. I have enough problems with my relationships, or lack there of at this point, to get involved with other ppl and their problems.

d
Old 03-26-2001, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

The email thing is definitely not the way to go, I can tell from experience. It wasn't email, but I was informed of the decision over AOL Instant Messenger...in person is the best way if you've been going out with the person for any length of time whatsoever.
Old 03-28-2001, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

As a women, i can confirm that women are evil like that. They WILL break up with you in an email and not even feel bad about it. I know she SAID she didn't do it cuz she loves him too much and didn't want to hurt him, but i can assure you, she didn't mean that AT ALL. what she really meant was "you know, i like you ok, but we're Obviously not going anywhere, i think you're best friend is kinda cute, plus i'm a lot smarter than you, and i feel like im wasting my time with you. plus, you're not the best lover"... telling a guy all that takes WAY too much time to explain, plus its hard to say that to someone.... its much easier to just lie. and emails are easier for the one doing the breakup, cuz, well, you dont have to see thier sad little face and think 'awww, i cant do it, even if i dont love him'.... our maternal instincts reach out and we just want to hold the pathetic little boy. AW.

so, in short words, LOL, breaking up with a boy is EASY online, and the easy way is sometimes the best way.... you know how troublesome it must be to have to walk all the way downstairs to dump someone. we girls are getting lazy. :::giggle:::

Kate

------------------
"watch me bounce!"