GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,669
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, maximusshtlzeay
» Online Users: 1,032
2 members and 1,030 guests
g41965, oncegreek

Old 09-17-2004, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SiggieJilly403
Lavaliers

Hey Locals!!

We're so excited that Rush is almost over! Well it kind of is...we have 8 girls coming to our invitation only dinner tonight. It's our first time so it's very awesome!! And tomorrow is Bid Day!! wahoo!!

Question though for all the fellow locals... How do you purchase lavaliers and other things like that without having to pay an arm and leg? Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Siggie love,

Jill
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-17-2004, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
There was a rumor floating around that ours have to be special ordered and the company that handled them took a national fraternity lavalier (I think Chi Delta Beta or Theta or something...) and hacked off the last letter. I think that was just a big rumor but I remember hearing it.

Anyway... I am pretty sure you can special order them within greek stores. But we have a woman that makes all our stuff out of her home so I'm not sure.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

My local had the greek store by our school order them for us. They were $25 each, same as a nat'l, and there was no minimum.

Joetoga.com also sells custom silver lavaliers for $8, with a minimum order of 15, and then no minimum after that. even if you aren't going to need 15 right away, its still affordable for the chapter to order the extras, and have them on hand for future sisters to buy. Or for no minimums (if its you ordering one for yourself) you can get a silver lavalier for $20 or gold for $34.

Joetoga.com products for locals

Last edited by OrigamiTulip; 09-17-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I got mine from The Greek Shop for like $15. I know that Unique Impressions also makes them for locals for abou the same. The reason that the ones on Joe Toga are cheaper and require a minimum is because they're thicker so they need to make the mold, and I don't think that the lavaliers come out looking as nice. I like thin ones more. It ends up costing the same as national ones do.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:00 AM

Our greek store, Sports N Duds does lavalieres for my chapter of the Kappa Phi Club (we're national but with only 23 chapters, most people don't know that) and I think those cost about $10 more b/c they are specially made. The sororities' cost less b/c the managers can order them in bulk.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:13 AM
That1LoudChick

Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC
Our greek store, Sports N Duds does lavalieres for my chapter of the Kappa Phi Club (we're national but with only 23 chapters, most people don't know that) and I think those cost about $10 more b/c they are specially made. The sororities' cost less b/c the managers can order them in bulk.
Actually, our buddy Fred at Sports N Duds gets the lavalieres specially made for members of the Kappa Phi Club and they are (at the most) $5 more. He is rather fair to us because we tend to give him a lot of business.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squashfly3
i know that someone already posted about joetoga.com but that is a great website to get custom things at. also if all you want is a lavalier then you can get it from pretty much any greek website. my national is really small, but i still go my lavalier from greekgear.com. it costs the same as a lavalier for any bigger national. they're going to be expensive because they are either silver or gold, so i don't see how you can really get around the expense. good luck shopping!
Old 09-19-2004, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I

Last edited by Amalia17; 04-11-2005 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Greek101 did a good job on mine. There's a store in Westerville that sells the sorority lavaliers, but the tau on them looks funny, it doesn't have the right sarif to it.