GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,188
0 members and 1,188 guests
No Members online

Old 06-27-2002, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to rbishoplxa
Post GA Questions

There have been a few questions about GA. One that I just saw was the question about the name change legislation. I wanted to clarify this:

There will be no legislation regarding the name change at GA. While SAC had good intentions for it, some valid points were made against it at the Regionals. There is no substance behind this like there was when the "pledge" to "AM" issue came up before.

If anyone has any other questions regarding legislation proposals or GA, let me know. I'll try to answer them as best as I can from my perspective.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-27-2002, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a question regarding Digital LCA. I heard from a little canary that it was undergoing reconstruction. Is this true, and if so, what is the timetable for completion?
Old 06-27-2002, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

As far as I know, not a whole lot is going to be done with Digital LCA, but I'm not working at headquarters. I know they did want to update things, but I think that's been put on hold...
Old 06-27-2002, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Ah... I see.

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EM1843
Welcome to the boards rbishop. I'm not entirely sure how I felt about that name change. When Doc was talking to me I was all about it but who knows. Do you know if anything is being said about the Alfred chapter?
Old 06-27-2002, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Alfred is in Missouri, right? If it's the school I'm thinking of, we have a SAC member from there - Shaun Usery. I really haven't heard anything about it except in these forums. I knew there was an issue there, but I'm not sure what's going on...
Old 06-27-2002, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Brother Bishop, Alfred U is in NY. You might check some of the threads in LXA area to see what happened to tose Guys. Not By International, but by the School. Well it was all of teh Greeks on Ca,pus.

Welcome to our little Greek Chat World!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-27-2002, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Tom,
Thanks for the update. That's a shame to hear what's going on there... is there anything any of us can do?
Old 06-28-2002, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Rich, there are many of us on this site who are trying to contact other Zetas to ask them to give support the KS Z at Alfred U. I will not be there and damn do I wish I could!

I would love to see one in Kansas City as will be the only time I could make it! I have been to the last 2 Regionals in KC and they are Great to meet many new and fresh young men and Brothers!

Thank you for the update on the Name Change!

The Digital Site well what can I say about that?

I have made suggestions about promoting it and explaining what it can do and be but Hdq. seems to not hear!

NO ONE uses it and I wonder why. I have been trying to change my e-m and it always comes back something is wrong with a phone #! Hell I have tried every way to get it as it is supposed to be!

No wonder no one wants to get on it if they know about it!

This could be one of the biggest +'s for the Fraternity and they are not using it to its potential!

Brother Sagara has the Best Web Site to find aout about Zetas and I have told them that! Well alas to no avail!

We have the Best Web of anyone but it is not being used!

Oh well, enuff said, Just Back Alfred U!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-28-2002, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Tom,
I completely agree about DigitalLCA. Unfortunately, web-site programming is expensive, and Headquarters really doesn't have the money needed to develop it further. Their money is going to the operational things that are a little higher on the totem pole.

I don't see why they would refuse if a brother offered to do it for free though... just a thought. Maybe we could stir up some undergrads to volunteer their time to program a "new" Digital LCA. What do you think?
Old 06-28-2002, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbishoplxa
I don't see why they would refuse if a brother offered to do it for free though... just a thought. Maybe we could stir up some undergrads to volunteer their time to program a "new" Digital LCA. What do you think?
I'm interested. Would HQ go for that?
Old 06-28-2002, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, at the last GHZ meeting a few weeks ago, they were talking about having students work on the site. I'm not sure who you would need to talk to about it, but I'm pretty sure you'd be able to work something out.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to twitch396
Alfred Q's

Rich,
Alfred University is definitely in NY My name's Shawn, I'm this year's delegate for Alfred to GA. I saw your posts on Greekchat.com. We're a chapter who has fought several uphill battles in the past few years. I've been a brother since spring 1999. If you would like to know more about Alfred, I would be more than happy to discuss the situation with you. If you (or anyone) would like to email me, allansm@alfred.edu is best. I'm perfectly willing to chat about it by phone too if you like.

The current ruling at Alfred is that 8 of the 12 houses are allowed to stay on campus and be active for the following school year. However, none of us are allowed to recruit. By doing that, they can kill us slowly without any worry of Freedom of Association violations. It is a very sad travesty, following a very sad semester for many of us. We lost a friend, and now we've lost all we've worked for. I am trying to assess what I can do as delegate at GA to help Alfred U. I don't know that I or even HQ can do anything though. I'm afraid little will come of it. Truly any change can only come from the Greeks of Alfred, but we certainly can use all the help we can get.

Shawn
LCA
Kappa Sigma 1372
Old 07-07-2002, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WittLambdaChi
Info on Digital and other stuff

Digital works for those who were registered a few years ago, but doesn't currently let people update things and such. The database is broken, and they haven't had the resources to get it to work with the newly designed site. Talking with Chad Tino, who is the Technology Director for HQ they are going to completely redesign Digital when the have the money, but that isn't this year. As Rich pointed out, the budget is very tight this year, so it's going to be a little while. If you want to volunteer your services, you should probabably contact Chad Tino at ctino@lambdachi.org. Hope this helps.

ZAX,
JAson
Old 07-07-2002, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Digital LCA

well when digital worked, almost nobody used it anyway....

There seems to be alot more interesting stuff on Greek Chat - So as far as Im concerned, Im not missing out on too much since we have this interesting and growing forum to shoot the proverbial shit on.

Later Bros!

lenoxxx

Visit this website if you miss what TV Guide did in destroying www.jumptheshark.com a fan website run by the fans in 2009!