GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,562
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, BernadineB
» Online Users: 1,639
3 members and 1,636 guests
AlphaSigSlay, BernadineB, MethrenLusia

Old 03-15-2009, 03:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Multicultural Sorority Growth

Many (historically) multicultural sororities claim to be the "largest" but in what terms? I'm very interested in the growth and strength of multicultural sororities - for obvious reasons I'm sure.

I'm thinking the most easily verifiable terms are total initiates and total chapters. If anyone wants to contribute information, please feel free. I'd like to keep a running tally as we go. If your organization isn't listed, it's because I have no idea. If your org is listed, but the number is incorrect, please correct me! I looked up chapter numbers only for the orgs that I had initiate numbers.

TOTAL INITIATES

*Lambda Sigma Gamma (1600+)
*Theta Nu Xi (800+)
*Mu Sigma Upsilon (500+)
*Lambda Tau Omega (300+)
*Omega Phi Chi (200+)

TOTAL CHAPTERS (includes colonies and other entities as well)

*Theta Nu Xi (42)
*Mu Sigma Upsilon (36)
*Lambda Sigma Gamma (21)
*Delta Xi Phi (20)
*Lambda Tau Omega (15)

Chime in, my multicultural sistergreeks!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2009, 04:47 AM
GreekChat Member

hmm...what do you mean by "initiates"? like anyone who has ever pledged and crossed into the organization since its founding? I would assume so but I just thought I'd ask. I'm a member of Lambda Tau Omega and to date, my own chapter (the Alpha chapter) has crossed 55 womyn since we were founded.
by the way, we currently have 19 chapters (well, 16 chapters and 3 colonies). our site needs to be updated :P
Old 02-20-2010, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess I just dont understand why GLOs that are multicultural and Black are always bragging about who is the biggest. Why does that matter? What is your organization actually doing besides inducting new members? Size does not make your organization legit. Once you have established chapters in a few different states, it is interesting to note how many members you have but size in and of itself does not legitimitize your organization.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishRho View Post
I guess I just dont understand why GLOs that are multicultural and Black are always bragging about who is the biggest. Why does that matter? What is your organization actually doing besides inducting new members? Size does not make your organization legit. Once you have established chapters in a few different states, it is interesting to note how many members you have but size in and of itself does not legitimitize your organization.
Who was bragging in this thread?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

actually my sorority is pretty small. but I don't have a problem with that at all; in fact, I wanted to pledge a small sorority (but not a local one). no one's bragging here