GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Up & Coming National GLOs (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Multicultural Sorority Growth (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=103750)

preciousjeni 03-15-2009 03:25 AM

Multicultural Sorority Growth

Many (historically) multicultural sororities claim to be the "largest" but in what terms? I'm very interested in the growth and strength of multicultural sororities - for obvious reasons I'm sure.

I'm thinking the most easily verifiable terms are total initiates and total chapters. If anyone wants to contribute information, please feel free. I'd like to keep a running tally as we go. If your organization isn't listed, it's because I have no idea. If your org is listed, but the number is incorrect, please correct me! I looked up chapter numbers only for the orgs that I had initiate numbers.

TOTAL INITIATES

*Lambda Sigma Gamma (1600+)
*Theta Nu Xi (800+)
*Mu Sigma Upsilon (500+)
*Lambda Tau Omega (300+)
*Omega Phi Chi (200+)

TOTAL CHAPTERS (includes colonies and other entities as well)

*Theta Nu Xi (42)
*Mu Sigma Upsilon (36)
*Lambda Sigma Gamma (21)
*Delta Xi Phi (20)
*Lambda Tau Omega (15)

Chime in, my multicultural sistergreeks!

seaquin 08-18-2009 04:47 AM

hmm...what do you mean by "initiates"? like anyone who has ever pledged and crossed into the organization since its founding? I would assume so but I just thought I'd ask. I'm a member of Lambda Tau Omega and to date, my own chapter (the Alpha chapter) has crossed 55 womyn since we were founded.
by the way, we currently have 19 chapters (well, 16 chapters and 3 colonies). our site needs to be updated :P

StarfishRho 02-20-2010 04:07 PM

I guess I just dont understand why GLOs that are multicultural and Black are always bragging about who is the biggest. Why does that matter? What is your organization actually doing besides inducting new members? Size does not make your organization legit. Once you have established chapters in a few different states, it is interesting to note how many members you have but size in and of itself does not legitimitize your organization:rolleyes:.

knight_shadow 02-20-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarfishRho (Post 1899498)
I guess I just dont understand why GLOs that are multicultural and Black are always bragging about who is the biggest. Why does that matter? What is your organization actually doing besides inducting new members? Size does not make your organization legit. Once you have established chapters in a few different states, it is interesting to note how many members you have but size in and of itself does not legitimitize your organization:rolleyes:.

Who was bragging in this thread?

seaquin 11-25-2010 08:59 PM

actually my sorority is pretty small. but I don't have a problem with that at all; in fact, I wanted to pledge a small sorority (but not a local one). no one's bragging here