GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,650
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, bilesqttsa3221
» Online Users: 1,138
1 members and 1,137 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 02-26-2001, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Greek Week

I'm assuming mostly everybody has Greek Week at their school. I was just curious as to what it consists of, what kinds of events do you have? Our school is having some problems this year due to the new alcohol policies, is anyone else having these problems?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-26-2001, 08:18 PM

Our Greek week never had alcohol at events except for chug, and they got rid of that (officially ). Do you mean that you are having problems cause some sororities can't do things with non-dry houses?

We had Greek olympics, sing, bowl (kind of like GE College Bowl - basically Jeopardy with teams), and a fundraising competition for Greek god & goddess.

[This message has been edited by 33girl (edited February 26, 2001).]
Old 02-27-2001, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

dzmissy,

on our webpage we have a whole section dedicated to greek week. It has a listing of all of our events.
www.geocities.com/alpha_theta_chi

Hope this helps!

Old 02-27-2001, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

We save Liquid Olympics for late Friday night
Old 02-27-2001, 08:17 PM

Talking

dzmissy,

Our Greek God & Goddess isn't a pageant of any kind. Basically each sorority/fraternity picks a member (usually the one who is the most popular/well known on campus) and cans with their pictures on are at the cafeteria & student center. People make penny/small change donations and whoever has garnered the most $$$ at the end of the week is the Greek god & goddess. Then all the $$$ is split between their organizations' philanthropy.

We also got points for the sorority/fraternity that had the highest overall GPA. Plus we had a Greek swim meet separate from olympics. I think I had that blocked out of my mind when I first posted - because we royally sucked at it!!
Old 02-28-2001, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

33girl,

You have Greek God and Goddess, what does it consist of? I'm sure lots of people will be shocked but ours is almost like a strip show...does this go on anywhere else?
Old 03-13-2001, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

hey dzmissy-
we have greek week coming up in april. we have sidewalk chalk contest,spirit contest,fielday,airbands,coffee house,station party,banquet which is the last day when you get awards,water olympics,thats all i can think of. email me if you need more description of each event.
Old 03-13-2001, 07:12 PM

Our Greek Week is coming up shortly. We have skits and other philanthropy events. Do you guys pick who you do Greek Week with or does the Greek Administration set it up? At my school, we draw it out of a hat.
Old 03-14-2001, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

ZTAngel-
We don't really have to pick who we do Greek Week with, all the fraternities and sororities on our campus participate in the events. Greek Life helps out a little, but not really. We also invited our two new colonies (Sig Ep and Pike) to participate in it this year. It's basically each chapter for themselves.