GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,665
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, aanneaeswifta59
» Online Users: 1,989
0 members and 1,989 guests
No Members online

Old 03-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
Seriously... When you are in the hospital at emergency, and the only person who attempts to be concerned (aside from your family) is your S/O... At least that is how I knew--my husband was the man there for me when I needed him the most.
I agree.

However, this depends. My friends and family members would be there in a heartbeat if I called them. I simply choose to call him (first).
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid View Post
Exactly - there's not really a right feeling, or a right moment. You just get to a point where you realize that he/she is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, the person you want to marry.
Yep. Not to be confused with always LIKING the person, never having doubts, and that person NEVER getting on your nerves.

People think that love has to be perfect for it to be "right." As with everything else in life, it is not perfect.

(Of course when you begin to scoff more often than not, it's a sign to move on )
Old 03-13-2009, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Yep. Not to be confused with always LIKING the person, never having doubts, and that person NEVER getting on your nerves.

People think that love has to be perfect for it to be "right." As with everything else in life, it is not perfect.

(Of course when you begin to scoff more often than not, it's a sign to move on )
When my husband and I came to the house to announce our engagement, my father and mother sat us down. Their advice was make sure you develop a friendship, because we won't always like each other. We may love each other, but that's not enough.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree totally.

The butterflies will fade, what you want is somebody that you really enjoy talking to and hanging out with at the end of each day.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Definitely, things won't be perfect. And, sometimes, the most difficult things you go through as a couple will end up bringing you closer than you thought possible.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

i asked ms. cleo
Old 03-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Banned

I'm divorced. It was one of those things where I got married when I was 19. I was stupid. I should have never married that cunt. It was a mistake. I call total bullsht on actually making a decision if he or she is the one.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
I should have never married that c*nt. It was a mistake. I call total bullsht on actually making a decision if he or she is the one.
What a lovely choice of words.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I think there is also a bit of luck involved (to be honest).

I liken finding a spouse to finding a college.

When you are looking at colleges, you get these lovely colorful brochures, extolling the virtues of the place; you go on tours with excited co-eds who show you all the beautiful spots on campus; etc. You don't see the drunken slobs puking in the hallways of the dorms, or any of the other unsavory parts. You make your choice based on the fantasy, without knowing the reality, and can be hoodwinked.

But, you don't really know if you are going to truly be happy, or satisfied, until you are actually living there 24/7.

If you are unhappy with your college choice, you start filling out transfer apps; if you are unhappy with your marriage, you start looking for a lawyer.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
I had a feeling on the first date. It just seemed natural. We never really felt in a rush for anything, we knew it would just happen. We knew the same people, had similar interests, and similar values/attitudes towards life. We have a similar goofy sense of humor and we're both gigantic nerds. It is a cliche, but it was like finding a piece of me that I never knew was missing...that if I was 100% by myself, I was 150% when I was with him. After about two years, we started just saying to each other "Hey, can we get married?"...."Yeah, sure" or, "when we get married, can we..." on a regular basis, only partially kidding.

And any guy who is willing to do long distance for 5+ years of a 7 year relationship, AND be questioned by the FBI in regards to your supposed disappearance is DEFINITELY a keeper.

Yesterday marked 4 months married for us, and it is even more awesome than being engaged or dating.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
What a lovely choice of words.
She was. She was a fking bitch.