GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,673
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, zajmestexaxd198
» Online Users: 912
0 members and 912 guests
No Members online

Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

yes, I can see that you might want to wait to really discuss philanthropy until that round of rush, BUT i know the heaviest cuts at my school are after the first round when you are going to be cut on a technicality (sophomore, bad GPA, no activities, no legacy, no recs). i am DEFINATELY not saying i fall into all of those categories. i am involved in SOOOO many things, am a legacy, have SEVERAL recs for every chapter, but we already know i am a sophomore and my GPA isnt bad, but not stellar. i really feel like those first impressions that first round is going to be very very important. do ya'll have any suggestions on how to make sure i make a great first impressions? and i am not talking the superficial things like be sweet and smile and look your best, i am more referencing conversation topics....
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2008, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Make sure you ask plenty of questions--it will show you're interested in the chapter! You can ask about the philanthropy, activities, fees, new member program, any kind of study programs, as well as why the girl/s rushing you joined that chapter. Those are just a few basic suggestions, I'm sure there are threads on here that have other topics.

And I know it sounds trite, but be yourself! Good luck, and hopefully you'll find where you're supposed to be!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
and i am not talking the superficial things like be sweet and smile and look your best, i am more referencing conversation topics....
The General Advice thread has a good list of questions and conversation topics.