GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,518
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, madisocahvso561
» Online Users: 1,829
0 members and 1,829 guests
No Members online

Old 04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jharb
I need to find myself the perfect beer so when you find the perfect place to dine let me know so I can search for the perfect beer.

ETA: OMG I'm having WINE tonight! (what a change!)
Congrats, jharb!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!
GreekChat Member

Cosign! Congratulations!!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on your new home with WINE!!! I hope Wine will be bring you many cherished memories.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Congratulations on your new home with WINE!!! I hope Wine will be bring you many cherished memories.
Congratulations on your comment, GeekyPenguin! You're such a kind, caring person!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Valkyrie, I have FINALLY FOUND MY RESTAURANT so there is hope for us all! I'll be going to a Japanese Steak House tonight. This will be the answer to all of my problems! My life will be wonderful now that I've found a restaurant! If you want I'll put in a good word with the maitre'd for you.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
Valkyrie, I have FINALLY FOUND MY RESTAURANT so there is hope for us all! I'll be going to a Japanese Steak House tonight. This will be the answer to all of my problems! My life will be wonderful now that I've found a restaurant! If you want I'll put in a good word with the maitre'd for you.
OH GOODNESS. That is very kind of you but I'm a vegetarian and heart disease seems to run in my family and I can only assume it is the result of my ancestors eating too much meaty stuff and so I really think I should try to stick it out and find a restaurant whose philanthropy and menu more closely aligns with my moral code and propensity for clogged arteries. However maybe if I am rejected by my top 25 restaurant choices I will consider it.

I'm worried because I was supposed to have dinner at Lithuania the other Saturday but the woman I was supposed to meet did not return any of the messages I left her, and I'm a persistent little devil so I know I left her at least 28 messages last Friday, and that was BEFORE I started drinking! HAHA! So we'll see what happens! I'll keep you posted! And congratulations to you on finding a restaurant! It really is a gift from Good Ol' God when you receive such a glorious blessing, isn't it? It's just like a little bit of heaven on earth, I tell you! It really gives your life meaning!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Eat Drink and be Merry! Tomarrow You may die!

Waiting on My First SS Check soon.

Figure when the Man says it is time to go, then So Long See Ya!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-27-2005, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
I'm thinking it will...if I get tired of merlot I can always try a different variety!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Do you know if they serve WINE there?
Old 04-27-2005, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
Eat Drink and be Merry! Tomarrow You may die!

Waiting on My First SS Check soon.

Figure when the Man says it is time to go, then So Long See Ya!
Looks like someone ended their search for the perfect drink!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Since so many have had successful searches for the perfect restaurant, I think I will tell you about mine. I am looking for a restaurant of my own, however, I have a complication this week. It's Passover so there must be menu items which are kosher for Passover. (ie things I can eat that are not made with flour or wheat.) I have no idea where to start. Can you help me?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Havana
Since so many have had successful searches for the perfect restaurant, I think I will tell you about mine. I am looking for a restaurant of my own, however, I have a complication this week. It's Passover so there must be menu items which are kosher for Passover. (ie things I can eat that are not made with flour or wheat.) I have no idea where to start. Can you help me?
Maybe a Kosher Deli. There is a Kosher Chinese restaurant in NYC. Maybe you have one in your city.

Here is some Kosher wine for you:

Old 04-27-2005, 08:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream

Looks real tempting.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

THE SEARCH IS OVER

How can I convince you what you see is real
Who am I to blame you for doubting what you feel
I was always reachin', you were just a girl I knew
I took for granted the friend I have in you

I was living for a dream, loving for a moment
Taking on the world, that was just my style
Now I look into your eyes
I can see forever, the search is over
You were with me all the while

Can we last forever, will we fall apart
At times it's so confusing, these questions of the heart
You followed me through changes and patiently you'd wait
Till I came to my senses through some miracle of fate

Now I look into your eyes
I can see forever, the search is over
You were with me all the while

Now the miles stretch out behind me
Loves that I have lost
Broken hearts lie victims of the game
Then good luck it finally struck
Like lightning from the blue
Every highway leading me back to you

Now at last I hold you, now all is said and done
The search has come full circle
Our destinies are one
So if you ever loved me
Show me that you give a damn
You'll know for certain
The man I really am

Then I touched your hand, I could hear you whisper
The search is over, love was right before my eyes

Well e-frenz, I have amazing, important news to share today!

I left on my lunch break today starving and hungover, my headache growing by the minute. I decided to take drastic action and I drove directly to Little Caesars, where I entered and placed an order for pizza, crazy bread and sauce. LO AND BEHOLD the young man called me ma'am and prompty presented me with my food! I mean, I've always been interested in Little Caesars ever since I was a wee girl and there was one by my house and I knew they had CHEESE and stuff in there and it really did a lot for the neighborhood.

I could not believe it. I am beside myself. This is the most amazing day that has ever happened in my life. Never had I imagined that my search would lead me to cheap pizza on a Thursday afternoon! I am pleased to report that Little Caesars is MULTICULURAL! And dedicated to bringing cheap pizza to impoverished neighborhoods all over the country! And they have pizza HOT AND READY for you all the time and if there's one thing I like, it's being associated with something that is HOT AND READY!

Hopefully I will be able to take the next step with Little Caesars. I hope to eat there several times a month and I can't wait to hop over onto Ebay to buy Little Caesars tshirts and keychains. Hopefully I can get flip flops too with the little hairy chested mascot on them.

Well GC friends, this has been quite an adventure for me. I will of course keep you all posted on how things are going for me with my new home. I won't fall off the face of the earth now that I've finally found meaning in my life! I wish you all the best and gosh darn it hopefully someday soon I will be engaged so I can have a wedding catered by Little Caesars and where my best sisters in the world can sing Little Caesars songs to me and my new husband and then soon after that maybe I will even have a little legacy I can name Littley or Caesar or LittleCaesara and then my life will be truly wonderful and I will be blessed!