GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,515
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, SimplymeAllie
» Online Users: 2,002
4 members and 1,998 guests
amadisnjnrz6092, MethrenLusia, oncegreek

Old 04-08-2005, 04:57 PM

Hey V,

Have you tried Mustard's Last Stand in Boulder? Great hot dogs. I'm sure you'd love it.

There one in Denver, too, down by the D.U. Campus.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2005, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you guys think I should try AIing into law school?
Old 04-08-2005, 08:10 PM

Never give up hope when it comes to law school! It might take some time, even longer than you ever imagined. You even might not end up where you expected, but I believe that you will find the law school that is right for you. Besides, any law school would be blessed to have your tuition money.

Best wishes to you in your journey
Old 04-08-2005, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Val,
I understand your frustration. I, too, was an adult before I was able to have my first restaurant experience. I heard others talk about their experiences, but it just wasn't my time. Finally, when the right moment came, I was ready. Alas, the first time was a big dissapointment. But each subsequent time got better and better.

I'm sure it will happen for you soon. In the meantime, just keep fantasizing about it.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 04-08-2005, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

how dare any restaurant not serve you? They don't know what they're missing! It's their loss! There's no way in hell you could be anything other than absolutely perfect! Even though you're broke and couldn't pay for the meal, dressed like a homeless person, and have the table manners of cookie monster, you still were perfect for them and they made a huge mistake!
Old 04-08-2005, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Never give up hope, Valkyrie. Open your mind and your heart and learn all you can about restaurants. I only considered a few restaurants back in the day, but now I eat at restaurants I never thought I'd like. One will be right for you!
Old 04-08-2005, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
*singing*
What a Friend We Have In Cheeses...
*DEAD*
Old 04-08-2005, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

and have the table manners of cookie monster

Didja hear that Cookie Monster has "seen the light" and will be saying now that cookies should only be be eaten in small portions....Ses. Street is going on a health kick...

Back to V's search!
Old 04-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDLynn
and have the table manners of cookie monster

Didja hear that Cookie Monster has "seen the light" and will be saying now that cookies should only be be eaten in small portions....Ses. Street is going on a health kick...

Back to V's search!
Absolutely criminal, IMHO. To what new lows will Miss Piggy have to sink, in the name of pc?

*still singing*
Old 04-09-2005, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Update: the next chapter!

Hello, friends.

I was sitting around last night feeling sorry for myself since things didn't work out with Yap, Micronesia. I had one beer and then another and another and I thought long and hard about what exactly I wanted from a restaurant. Is this worth it, I asked myself. Yes, it is! Fueled by my longstanding dreams and the kind words of encouragement from my dear friends on GC, I got dressed (in black pants from Ann Taylor, a lacy Banana Republic shirt and coordinating Fendi handbag with JCrew boots) and took a cab to a restaurant that has always appealed to me ever since I once read their menu while passing by one evening.

My hopes were quickly dashed once I arrived and there was not an available table. From the lobby, I called a dear old friend from college (I was able to attend a fine university thanks to a scholarship that resulted from a hybrid verbena plant I developed when I was 17 that is both fragrant, beautiful and exceptionally drought resistant) who is in the Junior League in Virginia. She had many comforting words for me, and it just so happened that a kind woman who was also a member of Junior League in Virginia was leaving the restaurant as I was emotionally discussing my restaurant problems with my friend. I'll be darned if she didn't stop right then and there and tell me that she knows someone who owns a great restaurant just a few blocks away! She offered to accompany me to this restaurant, which I will call Vilnius, Lithuania, next Sunday for brunch! I am simply beside myself! I hope Vilnius, Lithuania will be my new home!

What should I wear to brunch when I hope to make a good impression on my new friend?
Old 04-10-2005, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

want a road trip?
chico's tacos in el paso is a bit of a phenomena.
and you don't need a reservation...
Old 04-10-2005, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
I know some restaurant owners in my town who may know some restaurant owners in your town. I think they get together every year at their Hospitality Convention.

This is their recognition symbol:

Want me to see if I can arrange a contact to get in touch with you?

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 04-11-2005, 03:19 AM

Oh and once you've been to your event with Lithuania, and things slow down because of the holiday rush or whatever, send them a MASSIVE amount of e-mails telling them how you REALLY enjoyed dining there and LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC
Oh and once you've been to your event with Lithuania, and things slow down because of the holiday rush or whatever, send them a MASSIVE amount of e-mails telling them how you REALLY enjoyed dining there and LOVE THEM SO MUCH.
Maybe you could send them a SHEET CAKE as a thank-you gift.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I need to find myself the perfect beer so when you find the perfect place to dine let me know so I can search for the perfect beer.

ETA: OMG I'm having WINE tonight! (what a change!)