GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,514
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, Broncogky
» Online Users: 2,316
0 members and 2,316 guests
No Members online

Old 07-27-2005, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

having a hard time...

finishing my ethics final. It's an online class and I've been working on this paper for 2 weeks now. I'm down to 8 questions (out of 50 originally) and I'm ready to rip my hair out....
Old 07-27-2005, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooh, we can help you! GCers are good at ethics!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Its not that its a hard assignment...just...tedious. I had to come up with 5 ethics and 5 practices that I wanted to set as a standard for myself as a computing professional (I'm an Information Technology major) and along with those 5 ethics and 5 principals, I had to give a statement on how it related to our text (its just a novel about who invented the computer), how it related to IEEE, ACM or AITP standards of coduct or ethics, a personal story relating our experience to it and a summary on how if every computing professional followed that ethic or practice, how the world would be a better place.

Fun stuff I tell you.

And I've just realized that 2 of the ones I picked are almost identical, so i gotta come up with another practice.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

No, not ACM. I actually founded the student chapter of AITP (Association of Information Technology Professionals) on campus. I looked into joining ACM, but I realized it was too "computer science-y" (aka, involved too much programming, and I'm NOT a programmer) for me...I needed something that was more IT focused. I found out about AITP, started going to the Atlanta professional chapter meetings, and about a year ago established a chapter on campus. We have about 25 members...

Now, if only we could get that many GIRLS for the sorority! the cool thing is, one of the girls who joined AITP with me, I recruited her liek crazy last year - asked her to CORs and stuff, and she just wouldnt budge....and a couple of weeks ago on instant messenger she started asking questions and told me wshe was gonna come to formal recruitment in the fall. GO FIGURE!