GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,666
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, banessjnry522
» Online Users: 1,272
2 members and 1,270 guests
g41965

Old 08-17-2004, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Cute Recruitment Events

I know most everyone pledges in both the fall and spring (lucky), and so many of you come from chapters with a long line of experience and history, I was wondering what seems to be the best things you do for recruitment whether it be events, outfits, slogans, pump up ideas, sisterhoods, little gifts- ANYTHING!
I know that maybe the new Georgia chapter might be interested as would I for my chapter. Its hard to figure out what things work when you are so new!
For us we do a "Sigmafia" spaghetti dinner which is always a hit. We also do "Sigma in the City" and decorate glass wear.
Do you guys put big emphasis on dressing alike or getting shirts made? For Sigmafia we have girls wear black pants and then red, green or white tops (get it - Italian flag). For Sigma in the City we had these cute sleeveless black tanks made with a skyline and Sigma in the city on the front. We also have a universal theme each year that we try to get across at each event. Last year it was "Sigma Sigma Sigma.. heart.mind.soul.laughter.love.life" For open house we made each word stand for something.. like life = alumni, laughter =social, mind = academics, soul = RPM...etc.

We've done the Mardi Gras thing..and its not really working - so I'd love to hear what everyone else has found successful! Also how do you go around promoting the activites? Do you guys make flyers and send out emails?

p.s. JocelynC : you have got to be one of my favorite people on here. We had a national consultant from Kent State last year, Cara and she was amazing!

heart,
Jessica
Old 08-17-2004, 06:32 PM

Ihearttrisigma,
I met Cara @ our Founder's Day banquet, she exemplifies what a Sigma alumna should be. She's so dedicated.

Our recruitment is very "no frills". The only themed day we're allowed to have is 3rd Round - House Tours. For that day we're doing a "50's Diner" theme w/ record shaped nametags, black button down shirts, black pants, and lavender scarves

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

In the past we've done:

a revert back to childhood night with finger painting, crafts, and pbj and cookies...

a PMS night: popcorn, movies, and sisterhood

we also did a Sigmafia pata dinner

we do a fundraiser every year called "pie a sigma tri"

this year our theme night for recruitment is Sigma Cafe (it's a very loose theme) we're going to use lighting, art work, and coffee house type food to make our chapter room seem like a hip cafe

we've also done a "topless car wash" where you wash everything but the top of the car, ha ha

every halloween we host a huge party for the whole campus called the halloweenie roast

just a couple of ideas...
Old 08-17-2004, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
for frills we did "Sigma Cinema" where we made a video which was a take off of a horror movie and the sister found out her sisters weren't home (her worst nightmare) then served popcorn and all dressed like ushers with purple bowties. decorated the suite like a theater.

we also did a baseball theme with sigma jerseys and baseball hats. we served popcorn, hot dogs and soda in the "consession stand"

how bout some kind of "ugly prom dress/ 5$ prom" party? where everyone wears a cheap or ugly dress and you decorate like a cheesy prom. serve really traditional finger foods like pigs in a blanket. I know all my friends have a ton of bridesmaid dresses that they hate and always want an excuse to wear. you can crown a "queen" or even do some kind of pagent where every sister is asked questions about sigma that they answer for the guests.

as for slogans I think we all have stuff we like... personally I like "Sigma: Where everybody knows your name" and also the shirt with "sister" in like 10 languages then it says "so many ways to say it, only one way to go