GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,535
3 members and 2,532 guests
MethrenLusia, naraht, Phrozen Sands

Old 01-03-2003, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Nails

I was talking to my pledge mom tonight about getting manicures for rush, and she thinks we should both get gel nails. I had them for awhile and I liked them, but I can't decide if I want to make that committment... but having a perfect french manicure all the time was nice!

What do you guys have on your nails, and what kind of polish do you get? Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-03-2003, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
I just wear my natural nails. I keep them buffed and clipped pretty short (I'm always on a computer and long nails make it hard to type). For special events, I get a professional manicure (and pedicure) - usually french manicure style.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I have acrylics and LOVE tem! Mine are ALWAYS done in a french manicure. So easy and simple and they always look neat I can't believe I went so long without them.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
i had acrylics done for prom on year and i hated them. my nails looked terrible for a long time after i got them off.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I have acrylic on my nails.....usually I get them painted a frosty neutral color, but this time I did a French manicure.

Gel nails are really nice! They do not get yellow after time like the acrylics do.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I think if you are going to keep them for a while, it's okay to go the artificial route (I don't like the look or feel personally, but whatever floats your boat). But if this is just for rush, I think it's a waste of time and money. I have yet to see anyone's nails look good after they get artificial ones taken off. I would just get a nice porfessional manicure done. Either french or one of the nice light Essie shades - Ballet Slippers is great and a staple in NYC manicure salons. Ador-a-ball is the new shade this year that rivals Ballet Slippers in popularity!
Old 01-03-2003, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm clueless. What the difference between acrylic and gel nails?
Old 01-03-2003, 03:29 PM

If you're talking about nail tips - I've found them to be nothing but trouble. I've kept my nails fairly long since maybe 7th grade. A week before my senior prom, I broke one nail badly, so I put a tip on just that one nail. It looked great, but that nail became incredibly weak, and it took a long time to grow out.

I still keep my nails pretty long (oddly enough, it doesn't interfere with my typing) but I don't wear nail polish... I just keep them shaped and buff them from time to time.
Old 01-03-2003, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
I am another who really doesn't like artificial nails. They seem so impractical....plus as others have mentioned they do weaken your natural nail. Personally I try to keep mine nicely shaped and manicured...with clear polish
Old 01-03-2003, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I used to bite my nails until college but before that I would have artificial nails. This actual stopped my nail biting habit. I took off the artificail nails and started to let mine grow back. Now I keep them short and sporty.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Re: Nails

Quote:
Originally posted by nucutiepie
I was talking to my pledge mom tonight about getting manicures for rush, and she thinks we should both get gel nails. I had them for awhile and I liked them, but I can't decide if I want to make that committment... but having a perfect french manicure all the time was nice!

What do you guys have on your nails, and what kind of polish do you get? Thanks!
I have acrylic nails and LOVE them! However, they do make your nails VERY weak. Also, if you get acrylic or gel nails remember that you have to keep up on them ALL the time or else they will look BAD. I get my nails done every week. Also gel nails are more expensive than acrylic nails so keep that in mind as well. You could just get a french manicure on your natural nails if you are unsure.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN