GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 1,366
1 members and 1,365 guests
No Members online

Old 08-14-2003, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Ever been...

to Miami?

I know this sounds more like a Chit-Chat forum thread, but I feel like we can/should talk about whatever over here ...so I will hehe

Anywho... I'm trying to go to Miami for my b-day next month (yay!) Has anyone ever been or is from there? I'm trying to be near the South Beach area if possible.

Can anyone tell me about that area and what's to do there like touristy attractions, nightlife, etc? Is it expensive for clubs, restaurants, etc? What are some good places to go and sight-see, etc? I'll be there for a weekend, Thurs-Sun.

Thanks a bunch in advance!
ZC4L
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2003, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Everything expensive, speak Cuban!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-14-2003, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to essenceofomega
Hello,

As Tom said, everything is expensive, super duper expensive. Everything costs an arm and a leg. I went there for spring break two years ago, and last summer for my brothers wedding. If you dont have a car your pretty much stuck in your hotel. I got my stuff stolen the third day there, so be really careful. Now I dont know about the Cuban thing, since there is not such language, maybe he was referring to spanish, I dont know. Hope this helps.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to socialbutterfly
Sorry girl, never been there.... BUT I hear the men are FINE, and yes, things are expensive! If you go....don't do anything I wouldn't.

Last edited by ZChi4Life; 09-15-2003 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

My fiance is from Miami, and I've been several times.

You don't have to spend tons of money to have a good time. The beaches aren't that expensive, and while you can blow a lot of $$ at clubs, I don't think it's as bad as everyone's saying. That's just me, though.

You DO need a car to get around. There are buses and the Metrorail, but buses get busy and the Metrorail hardly goes anywhere.

Stuff you don't want to miss:
- South Beach - even if you only go people-watching, it's a blast. Plus, the Art Deco architecture is too cool to miss.
- Lincoln Road - shopping, shopping, shopping!

If you can, do an Everglades tour. It's beautiful out there, and no, you won't get eaten by an alligator. :P

Yes, a lot of people are Cuban (my fiance is Cuban-American), but no, Spanish isn't required. I do suggest you try Cuban food, though. It's super-yum. Versailles over on Calle Ocho (SW 8th Street) is probably your best bet, but Havana Miami on Miller Drive is great, too.