GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,556
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, baleeymaarley61
» Online Users: 2,435
0 members and 2,435 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Educatingblue View Post
Hmm...Why does it look like Pi Gamma Delta Fraternity is bittin' someone else's style.....http://www.gamma-omega-delta.org/index.htm
Ummmm, why is their acronym GOD??? Yeah, I know they say GQ but umm...
Old 03-13-2009, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Dang soror, I never noticed that!!!

ΚΔΠ Education Honor Society
Old 03-13-2009, 05:03 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDGP007 View Post
Alpha Delta Rho and about 1/2 of the groups on the National American Greek Council immediately come to mind. Not saying anything bad about these groups...just that their webpages are lacking a bit.
i know we are in the process of updating ours so its a bit spotty lol, but ahem, there is a newer org on the NAGC site who needs to take a class in google 101 and redo theirs as well...nobody is going to contact an org that looks like they dont give a sh*t about anything...
Old 03-15-2009, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Something about a sorority that "caters to plus size women" just rubs me the wrong way....
Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Which GLO is that?

Old 03-15-2009, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MsDGP007 Send a message via Yahoo to MsDGP007
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSBX View Post
i know we are in the process of updating ours so its a bit spotty lol, but ahem, there is a newer org on the NAGC site who needs to take a class in google 101 and redo theirs as well...nobody is going to contact an org that looks like they dont give a sh*t about anything...
I agree!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to sbx_six_eye
You are right about that! I think the problem comes when you try to rush and do things...it just looks better done professionally the first time. I'm proud of our progress so far!

"Sisterhood Through Motherhood"
Old 03-19-2009, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
^^^ Which GLO is that?
This one:

Gamma Delta Xi

If the link doesn't work go to the NAGC website and click on their link from there.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I love the Quiet Storm instrumental on that website.

I don't like music on national websites, though.
is it the lil kim version?

:thinking:
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to sbxblackdiamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSBX View Post
I totally agree soror!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoJade09 View Post
I could go on but knowledge is essential and ignorance is eternal...translation....you can't school a dummy.
Did you have an Individualized Education Plan in school?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Most Greek organizations were created because of ignorant people such as yourselves...so that decent people could come together and change the stigmas that people like you have perpetuated.
Wrong.

Quote:
I could go on but knowledge is essential and ignorance is eternal...translation....you can't school a dummy.
Then why did you bother responding?

ETA:
Quote:
I wish I knew what orgs the rest of you belong to so I can go in but since I don't...Ill educate educatingblue.
Your org is the youngest in the d9 so you need to fall back...
How did I not catch before that this joker said that Sigma Gamma Rho is the youngest of the Divine 9 orgs? Sorry Iota.

Last edited by MysticCat; 08-26-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
First of all, you should all be ashamed of yourselves...the entire point of this website is to provide interaction and support amongst all Greeks. If you're intentions are to bash other people and their orgs then you need to really reconsider your position in Greek life. Most Greek organizations were created because of ignorant people such as yourselves...so that decent people could come together and change the stigmas that people like you have perpetuated. You can't call yourself a true Greek if you choose to bring other down because that is exactly what your founders set out to change. With that said, I find it funny how any of you can judge an organization based purely on looks. Let's keep it real...half the sgrhos out there look horrible, but you chose to join so what does that say about you. I wish I knew what orgs the rest of you belong to so I can go in but since I don't...Ill educate educatingblue.
Another newbie trying to tell us what the purpose of GC is...as if we don't know. Thanks for "schooling" us

And we can't judge an organization based on looks, but you can? Hypocrite.

Quote:
Your org is the youngest in the d9 so you need to fall back...you're dissing us because you get the same disrespect. Based on the overall looks of the members of your org I could say the same thing...but then I would be just as bad as you. Everybody says the zetas are fat sgrhos r fat and black blah blah blah...your dumb ass is adding to the ignorance that is associated with and stigmatizes Greek orgs today. Stop worrying about the looks of my sisters and worry about your own org; ever wonder why half your chapters get suspended? Cuz yall r to damn busy worrying about people/things other than yourselves. Worry about why you and other members like you are bringing down the legacy and integrity of your orgs...worry about why you are not living up to the standard set before you. Worry about why my org is is winning over girls that could have been in your org or another but didn't because noone was on their job.
I'm still trying to figure out when a member of SGRho disrespected this chick's group All this shit is unnecessary lol

How does a non-member know other groups' standards and whether or not they're being lived up to?

Quote:
As for the website DR; my organization was established in 2007...during the time between then and now we have been steadily expanding, gaining members such as myself. What you fail to realize is that none of you have to put in any sort of real work for your orgs...this is from the ground up therefore none of you could ever relate. Everything has been handed to you. Furthermore there is no such thing as an org that caters to certain body types...just like there are no orgs that cater specifically to assholes, as you all would be members.
Umm...most of us have been Greek longer than your organization has been around. We've put in work. Get some years under your belt before you decide to talk shit. Thanks.

Quote:
No...the founders of Pi Delta Gamma Fraternity Inc were not rejects of anything nor did the basis for the org come from anything other than the creativity of it's founders. These men were courageous and capable enough to create a suceesful organization. I could go on but knowledge is essential and ignorance is eternal...translation....you can't school a dummy.
You can't school a dummy? What was the point of typing all of this?

Way too much going on here...

Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
First of all, you should all be ashamed of yourselves...As for the website DR; my organization was established in 2007...during the time between then and now we have been steadily expanding, gaining members such as myself. What you fail to realize is that none of you have to put in any sort of real work for your orgs...this is from the ground up therefore none of you could ever relate. Everything has been handed to you...

Granted, I did a brief review of the previous posts but I don't see anywhere that anyone called your Sorors out for being fat, ugly, etc. Those words came from YOUR mouth, so I suggest you deal with your insecurities appropriately.

What people HAVE been saying is that when developing your national website, more consideration for what is and is not appropriate for such a site should have been undertaken. Be it from the ground up in a new organization or not, there is no excuse for half assed work and inappropriate content no matter how old the organization is. But, if as members you are 100% satisfied with the content and design then so be it, and no matter what anyone has to say about it, stay satisfied with it.

And you are in no place to say what individuals do and don't do within their organizations and what was given to them upon membership because you DON'T know what Joe Schmoe Alpha and Jane Doe Sigma were given and have worked for as members of their respective orgs.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Did you have an Individualized Education Plan in school?
LMAO. her location IS long island...

you know that's going in the new siggy right?

Quote:
Let's keep it real...half the sgrhos out there look horrible, but you chose to join so what does that say about you. I wish I knew what orgs the rest of you belong to so I can go in....
wow, all of that? it's funny, because you "going in," based on what you wrote, is taking every stereotype you heard and putting your name next to it. if you gonna "go in," try being original.

then again, your whole organization lacks originality. you cant talk mess about orgs, yet your handsign resembles a cross between Zeta and K-Sweets. or maybe a convienent case of artheritis. and your Photo section is a hot mess. you surely dont expect me to believe those were the finest Facebook pics you could copy and paste, right?

Quote:
Worry about why my org is is winning over girls that could have been in your org or another but didn't because noone was on their job.
so... you take leftovers. nice. you should tell your sister to include that in the expansion plan.

Quote:
you can't school a dummy.
yeah, we noticed.

Last edited by tld221; 08-26-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Closed Thread