GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,621
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Ascentcct
» Online Users: 1,184
0 members and 1,184 guests
No Members online

Old 04-08-2005, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

DON'T GIVE UP VALKYRIE! You can still go out to eat! Just because this one did not work out does not mean that there are not other dining establishments that would be great for you!
Old 04-08-2005, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Valkryie! There are tons of other restaraunts out there! I know you will find the one for you!

I hope it's my beloved cheesy Qdoba. I have found true and constant friends in my cheesy nachos.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Valkryie! There are tons of other restaraunts out there! I know you will find the one for you!

I hope it's my beloved cheesy Qdoba. I have found true and constant friends in my cheesy nachos.
*singing*
What a Friend We Have In Cheeses...
Old 04-08-2005, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Valkyrie, I am so sorry. I don't want to sound mean, but you should know that restaurants aren't for everyone. You can have a complete life without dining out. Some people find cooking very satisfying. Plus you can always order take out.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
*singing*
What a Friend We Have In Cheeses...
BWAHAHAHAHA - That's soooo funny!
Old 04-08-2005, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
Valkyrie, I am so sorry. I don't want to sound mean, but you should know that restaurants aren't for everyone. You can have a complete life without dining out. Some people find cooking very satisfying. Plus you can always order take out.
Valkyrie, don't listen to Peaches-n-Cream. Everyone can find their dinner in a restaurant! Just keep your head up and keep going to every restaurant there is, even if they don't have any reservations available! You should try to talk to people who are already dining and see if you can eat with them. Don't give up!
Old 04-08-2005, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
Valkyrie, don't listen to Peaches-n-Cream. Everyone can find their dinner in a restaurant! Just keep your head up and keep going to every restaurant there is, even if they don't have any reservations available! You should try to talk to people who are already dining and see if you can eat with them. Don't give up!
You should bother the maitre'd and sommelier a lot too. Also, annoy people who have already eaten at the restaraunt non-stop, and remember, when you finally do get to eat the delicious nachos, YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM THAN ANYONE ELSE.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Be sure to wear t-shirts with their name on it, too - they like that! Bumper stickers are good, too!
Old 04-08-2005, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Gosh you guys I am really torn!

I was born the daughter of a sharecropper in rural Alabama. We didn't have indoor plumbing or schools, so I was tutored at home by a kindly older woman from down the street when I wasn't churning butter or darning socks. When I was 16, a new family moved in the house next door and after my family was done ridiculing them for their impolite ways, I made my first friend! It was a glorious experience to finally have a girlfriend to hang out with and discuss my secrets and hopes for a future filled with love, friendship and family. We spent many nights together talking about poetry and love and then one day she mentioned the restaurants. Oh, the restaurants. I had never heard of such a glorious thing -- a place where people from all walks of life come together to EAT! It sounded like such magic! Of course my humble family could not afford such indulgences but one day I did go into town and peer in the windows of various dining establishments. I tried to go into a few but when the staff saw my dirty shoes and mismatched plaid outfits sewn by my dear mother, they refused to allow me to enter. I won't let that stop me in my quest, though, dear friends. I will continue my quest! I am confident that somewhere in this world, there is a restaurant for me!
Old 04-08-2005, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah

Exactly what I think! Valkyrie, don't give up. Any restaurant would be LUCKY to have you eat there.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

May I assume that this is a put-on? With all of the very nice places to dine which can be found all over the map its hardly the undertaking of a lifetime to find a good first class restaurant? I have to think you are a reasonably sophisticated woman who is no stranger to places where white tablecloths, good flatware, wine glasses, etc are the norm and this is just a bit of humor. If one were anticipating a great meal at a fine restaurant and were informed by the Maitre'd that there would be a slight delay in seating you I must assume that you would simply say, "Very well, Ill wait in your anteroom/or lounge and please send someone with a Kir", or whatever I felt like, while waiting for my table. Half an hour is hardly unusual for a busy restaurant.
Were you dining alone or with friends? If alone or with a date a large party would not likely cause a delay in seating a single/couple customer. If with a party of several, a delay would not be unexpected. If an exceptionally long delay took place the house would most likely apologize and send over complimentary drinks and hors d'oeuvre. So, this is a put-on, isn't it?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dekeguy
May I assume that this is a put-on? With all of the very nice places to dine which can be found all over the map its hardly the undertaking of a lifetime to find a good first class restaurant? I have to think you are a reasonably sophisticated woman who is no stranger to places where white tablecloths, good flatware, wine glasses, etc are the norm and this is just a bit of humor. If one were anticipating a great meal at a fine restaurant and were informed by the Maitre'd that there would be a slight delay in seating you I must assume that you would simply say, "Very well, Ill wait in your anteroom/or lounge and please send someone with a Kir", or whatever I felt like, while waiting for my table. Half an hour is hardly unusual for a busy restaurant.
Were you dining alone or with friends? If alone or with a date a large party would not likely cause a delay in seating a single/couple customer. If with a party of several, a delay would not be unexpected. If an exceptionally long delay took place the house would most likely apologize and send over complimentary drinks and hors d'oeuvre. So, this is a put-on, isn't it?

lol, someone doesn't get the joke
Old 04-08-2005, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't be intimidated by any of the four and five-star rated restaurants, either. They may be a bit pricey, but I guarantee they're worth the wait.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXiD670
Don't be intimidated by any of the four and five-star rated restaurants, either. They may be a bit pricey, but I guarantee they're worth the wait.
That's right - don't be intimidated by their HOTNESS!!
Old 04-08-2005, 04:15 PM

This has got to be the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

Lakers Nation.