GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,563
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, VickiWhita
» Online Users: 1,381
1 members and 1,380 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 01-22-2008, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I will cheer for Princess, since my little's engagement ring is Princess cut (and also because we know that they are in the running at least for one party). Good luck!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on being invited to 2 of the 4 sororities, that's great! Good luck!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

okay that thing about the ring fitting the finger..that was my favorite. i didn't even think about it that way! aw.

anyways, i'm getting ready to go to my first rush party EVER and i'm sooo nervous..I get really quiet when I'm nervous and I'm trying to calm myself down and overcome that right now because it won't really get me anywhere, and I keep telling myself that I just need to be myself (I also keep repeating the "b" words that everyone listed on the "what not to do during recruitment" thread..haha) and that if it is meant to be, it is. if its not, i shouldnt force it. it's not really helping but i'm just going to keep telling myself i'll be okay...

i'll let you guys know how it goes, i'll be done around 8 pm eastern time
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

How exciting!!! Good luck, you'll do fine!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Report back to us tonight. I'm dying to find out how your party goes. To calm yourself, start talking to whoever you are walking with toward the house. But, talk about something besides recruitment. Maybe something like, hmmmm, Diamonds!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

So I just got back. and let me put it this way:

I really, really, really hope they invite me back. I'm probably getting my hopes up a little bit, but as nervous as I was coming out of their house, I walked out completely calm and normal. It was hard at first because there were some 100% awkward situations (all which were met with something like "haha this is awkward" or something, mostly by the princess girls themselves, but it wasn't in a bad way). A few of them said that they hoped to see me again. I oftentimes found myself surrounded with abour four or five of their members, all talking between eachother/me, which was nice. I actually found out that one of the girls knows two of my best friends, and another went to high school with one of my friends. Their house was gorgeous, they were super classy, but not in an uptight way, and I think I could see myself there. I left right at the scheduled time, and I don't know if I'm over analyzing it by thinking its a bad thing if they said something about getting my coat and jacket, because I was one of the first ones to leave but I felt like a lot of them were pleased to meet me and said they hope to see me again...is leaving right at the scheduled time a bad thing?? I don't know how many PNMs were actually there when i left (we all had on the same nametags and such) but i think there were about half.

Anyways...I did like them, a lot. It was a struggle at first because many PNMs knew someone there, but I eventually settled in. I'm really excited to see if I hear back from them, I definately think I could flourish.

I've got Emerald tomorrow...no word back from the other two, so I expect that I won't get invited, which is fine.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

ausguals, leaving at the time stated is a great idea! It shows that you're not over-eager, but still stuck around until the end. Staying too long can sometimes sink your chances. Calm = Good!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
ausguals, leaving at the time stated is a great idea! It shows that you're not over-eager, but still stuck around until the end. Staying too long can sometimes sink your chances. Calm = Good!

agreed! plus, and i'll admit i an assuming something here, if you all are attending parties while school is going on, you are tired and the sisters are tired too-and they have to take down any decorations that they used before they can study/go to bed. i think it is polite to leave at the appointed time!

hope you have fun tonight.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck tonight! Can't wait to hear how it went.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

hmm well maybe I'm just crazy. I haven't heard anything back from Princess yet and its been almost 24 hours since I went to their event, but its okay. I'm going to Emerald tonight and I'm excited for that, a lot of the girls I've met seem down to earth and humble which is nice. I don't know what to wear (its FREEZING here and REALLY windy) so I have to go figure that out before 7..ah!

Talk to you guys later :O)
Old 01-24-2008, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausguals View Post
hmm well maybe I'm just crazy. I haven't heard anything back from Princess yet and its been almost 24 hours since I went to their event, but its okay. I'm going to Emerald tonight and I'm excited for that, a lot of the girls I've met seem down to earth and humble which is nice. I don't know what to wear (its FREEZING here and REALLY windy) so I have to go figure that out before 7..ah!

A nice pair of dress pants and a really cool sweater. Have a great looking scarf on with your coat. That will make a nice impression and keep you warm.
Good luck tonight and try not to look into the 24 hour - thing.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausguals View Post

There are a million and a half reasons you haven't heard anything yet. They could have had initiation, officer interviews, etc, etc - or maybe somebody dropped the ball. If you happen to see one on campus, be friendly, even if it's just a pleasant greeting in passing.

Hope Emerald is "square" with you!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm back!!! I got home about an hour ago from Emerald. I was a little nervous about tonight (I know I said I wouldn't listen to my neighbor but words kindof stick in your head even though you don't care for them and she was completely talking down Emerald) All I can say is WOW. I loved Princess but Emerald girls were SOOOO easy to relate to---AND they picked us up, brought us to the house, and brought us home. it was really nice because I got to meet girls before the initial overwhelmingness (which isn't a word, by the way) of going into the house. Their house doesn't have as much history as Princess' but it is just as gorgeous, especially the outside. The chapter seems to have a really diverse mix of girls, but at the same time it seemed to fit. The girls that I did meet were a bit easier to talk to, but we didn't get as in depth as I did with Princess last night..just the basics: major, hometown, siblings, etc. They actually did a skit, which was nice, and really funny. Overall I think that I could see myself here more than anything because I felt like it was easier to be myself...I wasn't worried about saying anything and I wasn't even that nervous when I walked into the house. A girl from Emerald just requested to be my friend on facebook, which is a little soon, but at least she remembered my name!

I've got another event with Emerald on Saturday, lunch and a house tour.

Princess just called me a bit ago and I have a casual event tomorrow at 6
Sooo we'll see how that goes, thanks for all the advice guys!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds great! Good luck!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

sounds like you are having a great time. good luck tomorrow! don't forget to have fun!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt