GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,499
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, nathanfances701
» Online Users: 1,706
1 members and 1,705 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 04-17-2007, 04:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tiner04
Coke

ive heard the reason Coke changed its colors from brown to red is because he married an AOII
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-17-2007, 04:55 AM
GreekChat Member

michael eisner is a DU, and the mighty ducks logo (the mask and hockey sticks) resembles our superimposed letters (our badge) turned upside down. also, Delta Upsilon's unofficial mascot is the noble duck. and in the cartoon series the story line follows the legend of some alien thingy named Drake DuCaine. the Ducaine part comes from DU. like in delta upsilon, also member of the fraternity are often referred to as DU's and ducks.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:29 AM

Milton Caniff was a Sigma Chi and cartoonist who drew two popular strips (well, popular in their day). The first was "Terry and the Pirates". It was very successful, especially during World War II. Mr. Caniff also drew "Steve Canyon", another successful strip. In "Steve Canyon", Caniff added a lot of Sigma Chi symbols. He was notorious for dropping in Sigma Chi references in strips that were published right before rush. He also drew may of the illustrations that were in our pledge book, "The Norman Shield".

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 04-17-2007, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Um, some of these are completely ridiculous.

It's kind of like me saying "guys, (insert movie name) has doves in it!! Well, actually they are pigeons but everyone knows pigeons are just doves that are gray.... anyway, I TOTALLY saw a dove, so this movie MUST have been written, acted, filmed, and directed TOTALLY by sigma kappas."
Old 04-17-2007, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapCoug View Post

It's kind of like me saying "guys, (insert movie name) has doves in it!! Well, actually they are pigeons but everyone knows pigeons are just doves that are gray.... anyway, I TOTALLY saw a dove, so this movie MUST have been written, acted, filmed, and directed TOTALLY by sigma kappas."
But but.. you're telling me that it wasn't?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Obviously Prince is in love with a Sigma Kappa, heck maybe Appollonia is one. He did wear lots of purple and talk about doves crying.

P.S. I'd kill for some Sella's right now

Last edited by VandalSquirrel; 04-17-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

There are pigeons in Mary Poppins, pigeons are gray doves, therefore the whole movie is about Sigma Kappa! Sorry thetas :P

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 04-17-2007, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katey Alpha Gam View Post
Ah but my AGD sisters-we do have a little reference. If you remember the ad that was out last summer for Fritos Scoops with Dave Gordon (is that his name, the racecar driver??? I don't like racing so I don't know) and his wife and she is pruning roses...they are red and buff!!! I do wish we had more. Quick, someone invent something cool or start a company and use a squirrel!!

Also, in the movie The Sweetest Thing (GREAT MOVIE BTW) when they run into the gas station bathroom, on the wall it says "SN Northwestern" cool huh??
There's not much to really incorporate into movies...or maybe it's all so subtle that even we don't catch it!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I've often wondered if an Alpha Chi Omega worked on the set of or as a writer (obviously not a main one) on Friends. There was a screen in Monica's room that had lyres on it and Joey's agent's name is Estelle Leonard, who is one of our founders. It's probably a total coincidence. Other than that, I've got nothing.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know about any Alpha Phi references?

I believe in friendships formed at the spring time of my youth...

Phi Alpha Delta
Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Quote:
Originally Posted by queequek View Post
Err ... in the movie, Indiana Jones HATES snakes ...

I never did like that! Odd seing as how Harrison Ford is a Snake. Sigma Nu - Zeta Tau chapter.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrelyre View Post
I've often wondered if an Alpha Chi Omega worked on the set of or as a writer (obviously not a main one) on Friends. There was a screen in Monica's room that had lyres on it and Joey's agent's name is Estelle Leonard, who is one of our founders. It's probably a total coincidence. Other than that, I've got nothing.
I can't 100% confirm, but I've heard that several places. I wish our website would recognize the writer as a notable alumna if it's true. Seriously, Estelle Leonard and the lyres would be a huge coincidence.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I've always heard the fleur di lis in the Campbell Soup cans are because Mrs. Campbell was a Kappa?

And Kate Jackson, who was a real-life Kappa, mentioned being a Kappa during an episode of her 80's show Scarecrow and Mrs. King.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

In the Steve Harvey Show; Steve (an Omega) played Steve Hightower and in his apartment he had an Omega Psi Phi wreath that was shown almost every episode. Right fellas!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
I never did like that! Odd seing as how Harrison Ford is a Snake. Sigma Nu - Zeta Tau chapter.

odd seing as the director of indiana jones Steven Spielberg is a Theta Chi