GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,497
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, bmaxmuslittley5
» Online Users: 2,161
0 members and 2,161 guests
No Members online

Old 07-12-2002, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by allgreek2me
Liz Claiborne was an ADPi and that's why she has the lion as her symbol.SARA
Quote:
Originally posted by VT Tri-D
the delta shape on the liz claiborne labels
trident gum
delta faucets (i think)
delta airlines
So if Liz Claiborne was an ADPi, why would she have the Delta shape on her labels? Coincidence?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-12-2002, 07:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
Jim Henson's wife is an AZD Alumna and "Fozzie Bear" was named for the AZD's (aka Fuzzies)
Old 07-12-2002, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ROWDYsister
So if Liz Claiborne was an ADPi, why would she have the Delta shape on her labels? Coincidence?
Quote:
Originally posted by allgreek2me
Liz Claiborne was an ADPi and that's why she has the lion as her symbol.
No, ladies, it's ANNE KLEIN who uses the lion for her symbol. Therefore, Anne Klein is likely the ADPi and Liz Claiborne, the Tri Delta.

But the real proof that the company intends to 'revive' the name and image of Anne Klein, is the resurrection of the lion's head- which had been the designer's trademark logo, and was in a '4 year hiatus'

Anne Klein designed her collections so you could keep buying from her year after year and your new stuff would go with your old stuff. She also chose the lion for her logo because she was a little bit of a spiritualist and Leo was her sun sign.
http://www.lookonline.com/lionsroar.html

http://www.enokiworld.com/goods/annekleinkeychain.htm

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 07-13-2002 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know of any references to Phi Sigma Sigma? we don't really have famous alumna at least not like in movies and music, mostly doctors, artists, photographers, screen writers and play writers. If anyone knows though, I would love to know!
Old 07-12-2002, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Steel Magnolias was written by Robert Harling in honor of his sister Susan Harling who was a Phi Mu. They were originally from Natchitoches, LA. There was a composite shown briefly in her bedroom - pink was her signature color.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Xi Delta

The creater of Espirit clothing line created the signiture E in honor of the Xi in our letters. She is an alum of AXiD
Old 07-13-2002, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
I suppose Robert Frost wrote a poem about our beloved fraternity ... about the diversed road, etc. Let me check the title of the poem ... maybe SigmaChiCard can help?
Old 07-13-2002, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Suzy Spofford, creator of Suzy's Zoo (art work, stationary, baby gifts, etc.) is a KD, and she has many teddy bear characters, which are our mascot, and are very cute. I know on some chapter's websites, there is a drawing of hers, with a little duck in a green and white dress and it says "KD Friendship Never Fades" or something like that. It's really cute, if I can figure out how, I will post it. I don't really know about any of our other famous alum...I know that when I watched Ali Landry on MTV's Cribs, I looked for KD stuff in her home, but didn't see any.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Tink16 Send a message via Yahoo to Tink16
Cell phone add

Although I don't think they're "real" letters of any GLO, I noticed that in one of the cell phone commericals (I think its Alltel or Verizon) there are letters in the background. Its the commercial where the daughter and son call home. Anyway the part where the letters are in, is where the son calls from the so called "study group" when he's actually at a party. Look in the background.

Yes, I have way too much time on my hands when I find these details. hehe
Old 07-13-2002, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Not True

I used to live in Monroe Louisiana, The original home of Delta Airlines. It originally was a crop dusting company that took off literally into a major Airline. The people who founded it lived down the street from my fathers house and the Company was not named for Tri Dealt it was named for The Region.....Sorry to burst your bubble, but I could see why you micght think that it being named Delta and all...........Blaise
Old 07-13-2002, 03:24 AM
GreekChat Member

More about Steel Magnolias

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000

Speaking of Julia Roberts movies, apparently "Steel Magnolias" is about the life of a Phi Mu and in Shelby's room (Julia Roberts' character), there is Phi Mu stuff on the walls!
The movie IS based on a true life story. "Shelby" in the movie, was actually a Phi Mu.

Quote:
Originally posted by phimualumnc
Steel Magnolias was written by Robert Harling in honor of his sister Susan Harling who was a Phi Mu. They were originally from Natchitoches, LA. There was a composite shown briefly in her bedroom - pink was her signature color.
Her color's in the wedding are "blush" and "bashful," and as Shelby says in the movie "You know, Pink is my FAVORITE color"

In the movie, when Shelby's mom is pinning her corsage on her pink suit, upstairs in Shelby's room, you can see her (REAL--as in Susan's REAL badge--from what I understand) beautiful badge on her suit (on her left side--closest to the camera) right before her mom pins the corsage over it.

In the same scene, you can see Shelby's (again, supposedly Susan's REAL) composite on the cork board behind them, along with all sorts of Phi Mu memorabilia.

Just to clarify (some of us Phi Mu's are REAL proud of it! hehe)

Old 07-13-2002, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to allgreek2me
Smile Thanks CutiePie!

I could see the lion logo in my head and knew it was a designer. I should have known it was Anne Klein - maybe this is a sign I need to go shopping!?
Old 07-13-2002, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, I could say that Alpha Gam is in lots of movies...there are bunches of squirrely nuts!

(I had hoped that Scrat (Squirrel Rat) in Ice Age had a bigger part, but it was effective, lol!)
Old 07-13-2002, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
Quote:
Originally posted by queequek
I suppose Robert Frost wrote a poem about our beloved fraternity ... about the diversed road, etc. Let me check the title of the poem ... maybe SigmaChiCard can help?
the poem is called "the road less traveled"
Old 07-13-2002, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'm sure most of you out there has seen Legally Blonde? Well, in the movie Reese Witherspoon is a Delta Nu...their colors are pink and green. Well, at first I just thought it was cute that they had the same colors as us...then a Chapter Consultant visited us last semester and told me that the house in the movie that is the "Delta Nu" house is an old Delta Zeta house! In the beginning, when the girl on her bike arrives at the Delta Nu house, it shows her going up the stairs...the camera pans from the floor up and you can see DN...for a split second it looks like DZ...and if you'll notice, the Z in DZ looks like an N sideways! I watched the movie again and sure enough, you can see it briefly in the beginning!

Blaire

So proud to be a DELTA ZEE!

No matter the letter, greeks do it better!