GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,665
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, aanneaeswifta59
» Online Users: 1,703
0 members and 1,703 guests
No Members online

Old 05-26-2004, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Crips and Bloods Agree to a Truce in Jersey City

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...crime_gangs_dc

Quote:

The peace agreement, reached over the weekend, involved 150 members from several gang factions and laid out a 10-point plan including an immediate cease-fire.

The plan also asks gang members to refrain from using gang hand signals, graffiti or other symbols to incite the killing of rivals. Under the truce, gang members also vowed to designate places like schools, churches and parks as neutral zones and to avoid encroaching on each other's territory without notice.

"Anything that will stem the violence is welcome. Time will tell how effective it is," said Kevin Rehmann, a spokesman for the New Jersey State Police.

Newark Deputy Mayor Ras Baraka and the Nation of Islam helped mediate the truce, officials said.

Old 05-26-2004, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Now THIS is good news. I live right next to Newark, NJ, so I hope it will make a difference in my city (Elizabeth). Many of the bloods that sell drugs around here are from Newark. I hope this spreads to the other cities near Newark who also have both bloods and crips in their neighborhoods.

It's a jungle out there.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cali_Keisha
I'm glad, gangs are so played out. In the 90's it seemed like everyone was in a gang but now u see everyone in any color not even trippin anymore. People need to grow up and stop the little kid sh!t. What is the point in killing over a color (u didn't invent) and a bootleg @ss sign.