GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,500
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, babobbjnr7325
» Online Users: 2,530
0 members and 2,530 guests
No Members online

Old 10-30-2006, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

http://digitalartwork.net/gfx/trans_spacer.gif

Here is a nice shot of Athens on Halloween (so this is from 2005, can't find a good one from 2006 yet)

And DeltAlum, in the picture above, if you look to the right of the Methodist Church, you see a red roof. That is the roof of the AOII House, and on the far right is a house with light blue siding (in the middle of the trees on the edge of the photo) which is the DZ house.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-30-2006, 08:33 PM

Roses,

Those first two blocks of College Street (heading North from the College Green) have been full of Greek Houses for years. As I'm sure you know, the Delt House is on University Terrace next to Alpha Gam, but when I was in school the old Delt Shelter was right at the top of the Richmond Avenue Bridge and the address was 32 President Street -- which is the little, one block long, street between Haning Hall and the restaurant just to the East. It was at one time the residence of the university president. The old house and the adjacent Delt Annex have both been torn down for many years, and the street realligned to make the transition onto Richmond Avenue an easier turn.

It was fun to sit on the porch or the little wall out in front of the old house and watch all of the West Green women coming up the hill.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

University of California, Santa Cruz

My school doesn't have huge impressive buildings, but we have a lot of cool forest/ocean views around it. The campus is divided into 10 colleges that are their own communities with dorms, advising offices, dining halls (5 total), etc. I was at Cowell College.

The main campus entrance

Joe's and the bookstore. The quarry plaza is basically the center of campus and also where we table/flyer.

A few dorms at Cowell

This is what upper campus looks like

Annnd our lovely mascot which I have seen many times on campus

Tree 9! It's a legendary tree in upper campus that people climb. I climbed it freshman year and again a week ago. You can see the ocean from the top.

East Field on club day. I saw this field and the ocean every day when I lived on campus.

I totally recognize one of my chapter sisters in this pic! I see two girls wearing Panhellenic shirts and I can recognize one of them by her hair.

So that's UCSC!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) Oxford, MS
A few pics....

Ventress Hall, College of Liberal Arts

Martindale Student Services

Trent Lott Leadership Building

The Lyceum, where the Chancellor's office is

The Grove on a Game Day

Paris Yates Chapel
Old 05-27-2009, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Holy thread resurrection! At least it's a good one. Man, I went back and looked at my post..from my Sophomore year. OC now has a new science building, a new art building, a new dorm, a new stadium, and they're building a new equine facility.

But I think for kicks, here's some pictures of my graduate school, The University of Glasgow.

The Gilbert Scott building. Gothic revival, fae the win! It's an easy place to get lost, because it has turrets, weird hallways and split levels retrofitted into it.

The cloisters inside the Gilbert Scott

The West quadrangle in the Gilbert Scott, with the chapel off to the right hand side

The Library (the big tall building, which is hideously ugly, but has 12 floors of books...anything and everything you can possibly want in print) which is attached to the Hunterian Art Gallery (with the green roof, also houses C.R. Mackintosh's house!). The row houses at the bottom are various departments and lecture halls. They look tiny, but they're MASSIVE inside.

Inside the chapel, where a lot of alumni choose to get married. (taken w/ plastic camera)

Glasgow has 2 unions, and you have to chose which one you want to join. Women used to only belong to the Queen Margaret Union, as the Glasgow University Union restricted membership to men. Both now admit both genders, but there's a definite "culture" to each union. I'm a member of the QMU.
The QM...which is pretty ugly.

The Glasgow University Union (known as the GU). It's the older of the two, with a building to match. Beautiful on the inside...what you can't see in this picture is the Annex, which houses 12 bars (yes, 12).

The Adam Smith Building

Brand new medical building, Wolfson Hall

Lilybank House, built by an architect known as Alexander "Greek" Thompson. It's beautiful...pity the stone has taken a beating from environmental factors.

*sigh*
I miss uni!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Pepperdine University - Malibu, Calif.

From Pacific Coast Hwy, looking up toward campus...

Alumni Park, where graduation is held...

Baseball stadium...

View from administration building...

Weisman art museum...

One of the Drescher graduate campus buildings...

Tennis stadium...

Center for Communications...

View of School of Law (on top of hill), Towers dorm (middle buildings) and a freshman dorm (bottom building) looking up from baseball stadium...

Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

More Pepperdine...

Undergraduate school's dining hall patio...

Undergrad honors apartments...

Typical freshman dorm...

Main undergrad library...

Pool pavillion...

Stauffer Chapel...
Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

My alma mater is so ugly compared to these.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Southwest Texas . . .er, Texas State University - San Marcos

My beloved alma mater:

http://www.txstate.edu/virtual-campus-tour/

Old Main - its sister building was at Sam Houston State University, but it burned down during the 80s.

Flowers Hall - where I spent most of my time as an English major. Built in the 50s, this is how it looks now - it looked much different when I was there.

A river runs through it . . . San Marcos river has its headwaters at the now-University owned Aquarena Springs. It then meanders through Sewall Park, shown here.

Alumni House - originally a boarding house where LBJ lived during his time on campus. It was moved on campus and serves as the Alumni House.

Theatre building - built over the old fish hatchery. You may recognize it from DOA with Dennis Quaid.

Falls Hall in the background - where gypsyboots lives!

Last edited by SWTXBelle; 05-27-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:16 PM

It's not going to win any awards for beauty, but I still heart KSU:

The Library:

The Fountain in Risman Plaza

The new Honors College (students in the Honors program reside here and the College is housed here as well):

The KSU Museum:

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 05-27-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are a couple shots of UMass-Amherst

The Old Chapel (Former home to the UMass Minuteman Marching Band) and the W.E.B. Dubois Library (Tallest academic library in the world at 26 stores)

From Top to Bottom: Southwest Residential area, Garber Field and Boyden Gym, Tobin and Bartlett Halls. (Taken from the 23rd floor of the Library)

The Fine Arts Center(FAC), Home to the Music, Theater, Art and Dance Programs. (Library pic)

Top to Bottom, Orchard Hill Residence Area(Upper Left) and Central Residence Area, Morrill Science Building, Campus Pond (Library again)
Old 05-28-2009, 02:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
My alma mater is so ugly compared to these.
I thought my campus had really unimpressive buildings but people seemed to like the pictures I posted. Do it!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
I thought my campus had really unimpressive buildings but people seemed to like the pictures I posted. Do it!
Well, the majority of pictures that I can easily find are not from "pretty" parts of campus. If I use what's available online, everyone would be looking at a sea of parking lots

No, I'll probably add some pics eventually.