GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,596
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, hannahyanexto75
» Online Users: 1,689
2 members and 1,687 guests
oncegreek

Old 03-23-2007, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ChildoftheHorn
Thumbs down My Horror Story

Yeah Here it goes---

Well, I had a time slot right before my last house in the second set of recruitment - so I decided to meet up with my friends to grab some food. All the restaurants had too long of a wait, so we decided to eat at Taco Bell -aka "The Bell". In hindsight, not the greatest idea. Just as soon as I sit down in the house, my stomach starts making the loudest grumbles. Needless to say, everyone turned to me. The girls asked if i was OK, and I felt fine at the time. Plus, what was I supposed to do - you only have so much time in a house? * It was also my grandmother's sorority.* So the conversations were odd at best, always being interrupted by my stomach grumbles. Then, about 5 min before I was supposed to leave - I felt gas build up. I asked to use the bathroom, but she kept wanting to continue the conversation and said that it was almost time to leave anyway. I was fighting every urge in my body not to let it go. It was time to leave and right as I was heading out, it came out a silent - but deadly. Still, they knew it was me because of the stomach stuff earlier. It was so embarrassing, and I did not get invited back for the next (last) set. I think that we all know why....

TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!!! DO NOT EAT TACO BELL BEFORE A MEETING!!!

*btw: I have never had that problem there since or before.. one time thing.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Thats just funny .

Thank you for sharing lol.

At least you know you made a . . . memorable . . . impression.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

They say "everything happens for a reason" .. so judging by your signature, you ended up in a great house and I trust they were one of your favorites anyway otherwise you might not have joined them!

So really funny story, but I'm glad you had a happy ending!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

childofthehorn is actually one of our new colonists at northwestern university-but i still agree that perhaps she was meant to eat at taco bell that evening!!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, this is the first time we've had a girl admit to that happening during recruitment! Probably in fraternity rush, guys would've all joined in and played "Can You Top This?"
Old 03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
childofthehorn is actually one of our new colonists at northwestern university-but i still agree that perhaps she was meant to eat at taco bell that evening!!
I agree with you 100% !! The nearly 120 girls who joined are the chillest, most friendly, and genuine girls I have met since coming to Northwestern. While going through recruitment, there was only one house I felt somewhat comfortable in - which was the one above. It really does show that everything happens for a reason and fate is real!

May I add as a side note that being a "colonist" is a fantastic opprotunity and I would normally not have the ability to be on leadership this early in a more established organization on campus. I would highly reccomend it to anyone!

About admitting it....I think that there are a few people reading this forum who are considering joining a Greek org. and understanding that it might just end up fine could be really important. It is a valuable life lesson. "To err is human, to forgive is divine." - Alexander Pope

*Also, all my friends that night also had food poisoning - many of them worse than mine. That Taco Bell actually has the highest health rating in Evanston and Evanston has more food places than many other areas in Chicago - one of the highest percentages for the amount of area nationwide! Like I said before.....fate.

Last edited by ChildoftheHorn; 03-25-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

I wasn't going to comment on this, but my mother was in an organization, sitting next to a woman who had the same "intestinal distress". Behind her was seated THE most prim and proper woman in the organization. The woman with the "problem" let loose, turned around the Mrs. Prim, and said, "Who did that?!"

If you're at Northwestern, welcome. Be sure to get someone to take you to Gulliver's & Super Dawgs sometime!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
If you're at Northwestern, welcome. Be sure to get someone to take you to Gulliver's & Super Dawgs sometime!

It's Superdawg. One word. BEST hotdogs EVER.

Gulliver's is okay...there are better places (and much closer to campus).

I grew up in Evanston and it's always interesting when I go back to visit my parents since downtown has changed so much in the past 10 years. Lots of great eateries (there were good ones before; but there are more now!) and fun things to do.

And yeah, that particular Taco Bell is not great on the tummy. Better than the BK though.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Try the spinach artichoke dip at Gulliver's - you won't find any better!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Super Dawgs is good. On gamedays, I go to Custard's Last Stand. We also had a new Hot dog place open up near Kaffiene.

I don't normally eat fast food, and that is the reason. We just had too little time. Even Clarks was full of girls going through it!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:47 PM

This thread is the "hall of fame" for anything creepy, embarrassing, or weird that happened during rush:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=11313

Lakers Nation.