GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,568
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, Weaponxcq
» Online Users: 2,143
0 members and 2,143 guests
No Members online

Old 09-16-2003, 05:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
AGD has a nice house on U-Dub campus

To check out all the houses GO HERE AND CLICK ON THE SORORITIES--left menu--and then click on the letters for the houses

Edited for clarity

Last edited by Jill1228; 09-16-2003 at 05:39 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-16-2003, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I really like the Alpha Phi's house, the Chi O's, the AZDs, the Thetas have that neat brickhouse look where it has been painted at one time and then the paint started to chip so they decided powerwash as much as possible off -it leaves it looking cool!

Of course I love the AGD house!

Facebook
Old 09-16-2003, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to littlebritches
I really thought the entrance to KD looked really nice. I also liked the balconies on the AGD house!!

Best of luck to you!! Have fun!!
Old 09-16-2003, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Wow those are some nice houses. I especially like the XO and SK houses they are just so cool looking

Nichole
Old 09-16-2003, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Amazing houses!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, man, I just saw this thread now! I moved away from Seattle about a month and a half ago, so it's exciting to see a U Dub thread (and I'm tired of explaining to people out here what "U Dub" means!!).

The houses there are physically beautiful, and the chapters are strong, too. Good luck finding a wonderful home for you!

Last edited by FuzzieAlum; 09-16-2003 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

What gorgeous houses! I wish my campus would allow for houses! Currently the girls all have halls/floors in dorms. Supposedly there is some city rule that if more than five women live together it is considered a brothel, and that is why no one has ever been allowed to buy or build a house!
Old 09-17-2003, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by AXO_MOM_3
What gorgeous houses! I wish my campus would allow for houses! Currently the girls all have halls/floors in dorms. Supposedly there is some city rule that if more than five women live together it is considered a brothel, and that is why no one has ever been allowed to buy or build a house!
That's the case at my alma mater....makes it oh so much fun to have recruitment in a dorm!
Old 09-17-2003, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Day 2 is over!

Ok so I got to see the other 8 houses today so I will give you all a little rundown on the rest of them. BTW today went soooo much faster than yesterday, they were like this is the last house and i was like what?!? So anyways here it goes....

Lemon Heads: When I first went into this house I noticed their outfits and they were so cute and they all had matching puma shoes, i was like you guys are lucky you get to wear all this cute stuff for rush. The girls here were really cool, i got along with them great and this was one of my favorites of the day!

Hersheys: I talked to the same girl the whole time in this house and she was pretty cool. But she was the only one I got to know so I don't know how the rest of the people are. But I liked it here okay.

KitKat: I really loved the outside and what i saw of the inside of this house. But the conversations werent as good as some of the other ones, but it was still okay.

Skittles: I had a great conversation with one of the girls in this house because she had done dance so we kinda had something in common. I don't really remember much about this one... i can't read my notes

Crunch: My boyfriend's cousin's girlfriend (I know kinda confusing) is in this house so i was really looking forward to going there and meeting her but we never got to talk. But I still liked it here, the girls were kinda nice but out of the whole day i probably liked this one the least.

Payday: This house was ok. I talked to so many girls here, i think about 6 so I kinda repeated everything a ton of times but the last girl i talked to was like so who is your favorite actor and why??? i was like what?!? I wasn't prepared to answer that question, lol

Twix: I really enjoyed this house. I talked to 4 girls and they were all dancers/cheerleaders so i had a lot in common with them and we had a really good conversation, plus their house was also beautiful.

Milkyway: I absolutely loved this house. When i walked in the girl i got to talk to was one of my counselors at dance camp last summer! Then as i was walking in the house with her into the living room another girl grabbed my arm and it was a girl i knew from HS! It was the only girl that is in the greek system at UW that went to my hs and i had no idea she was in a sorority so i got to talk to her for a second. I felt sooo comfortable here and i really hope i am invited back.

Ok that is it. Today was a lot of fun and i liked every house, just a few more than others. But it rained like crazy and when we first started it was sunny so i left my umbrella in my car and we all got soaked!!! But it was still a fun day. I am so nervous about tomorrow and I really really hope that I get a lot of invites back tomorrow. We can accept up to ten.

I'm not going to rank them in order yet because i still don't know a lot about them but, i will do my top middle and bottom preferences:

Top: Mr.goodbar, lemonheads, milkyway, M&M's, and Reeses

High Middle: Skittles, twix

Middle: Kitkat, Jollyrancher, Crunch, Almond joy, starburst, payday, hersheys

bottom: 3 musketeers, snickers

So tomorrow night i will let you know how it goes!

-Kara
Old 09-17-2003, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Mandelion
Thats a really good way to rate the groups until you know more about them or narrow them down a bit =D

(and their houses ARE amazing!)

Good Luck with the rest of rush!
Old 09-17-2003, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

It is great to see that you are keeping an open mind! Good luck tonight!!
Old 09-17-2003, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xoheatherxo
Talking good luck!!!

good luck with rush! you have a lot of great houses to choose from and i hope you find a home that youre happy with!! of course im a lil biased...and i cant beleive those houses--they are amazing!! just have fun and relax at these houses. dont think of these girls as your sisters for 4 years--they are your sisters for life!! keep posting--i cant wait to hear more about your rush!! good luck!!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
So how does today work for you? Are there cuts? How many can you go back to?

aj
Old 09-17-2003, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

At 8:30 they found out their invitations
The parties are from 2-6
Here is the link to the schedule:
Go to FORMAL FALL RECRUITMENT

Facebook
Old 09-17-2003, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Ok I'm back! I got my invites and I was so nervous waiting there for them and I was so scared that i was only going to get 2 back or something. However i got back 8! so half of them wanted me back. And the max we could go to is 10.
I go back at 1:30 to get my schedule for the next two days. Here are the houses I got invited back to:
Mr. Goodbar!!
Reeses!!
Lemon Heads!!
Milkyway!!
Almond Joy
Hersheys
Skittles
Pay day

I was kinda sad about not getting back to M&M's but at least i got 4 out of my top 5, and I like all the other ones too! I will give you another up date tonight!
-Kara