GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,584
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, bpittyjunor9856
» Online Users: 2,042
0 members and 2,042 guests
No Members online

Old 04-23-2003, 09:26 PM

ALSO do not, do NOT, tell the sisters that because you are a legacy that you EXPECT a bid from XYZ sorority. We had a girl say that and that if she happened by chance NOT to get a bid from us that she and her parents would sue us as a chapter and nationally. Act as if you are just like any of the other girls, because in theory that's what you are: just another PNM with a recommendation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Yuk! Did you bid her?
Old 04-23-2003, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by McCall4544
they don't necassarily obligate girls to do this but there is SUCH competition that I'm just GUESSING but maybe it's just something else to set them apart? I don't know but it confuses me severely!
McCall, where are you going to go to school? Surely not UAF?
Old 04-23-2003, 10:41 PM

No we didn't pledge her not only because of that but for other reasons too that I can't discuss. And, guess what? Our chapter nor our nationals have been sued! What a surprise? hehehe
Old 04-23-2003, 11:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
Justamom, We did in house posters, also! If you LOVED a girl... you would make posters with her name, picture and information and put them throughout the two floors, bathrooms and kitchen!
Old 04-24-2003, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to McCall4544
Smile

I have another question about those posters...Is it good to get girls to put posters up of you that they make even if that particular sorority isn't the one you REALLY want to be in? I have friends in sororities that have made posters for me for Rush but I don't particularly want to be in those sororities...haha...can you tell this poster thing is really stressin me out??!
Old 04-24-2003, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

at UF the posters are made for those who they call "rush babies" it means girks in the house really want you....but its okay to have them in other houses even if you dont want them because you may come to a different realization during rush and change your mind. Also if you dont like them you can always drop them.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

As members, we did posters for our favorites ourselves but I have never heard of a prospective new member putting up a poster about herself. In the South, if a PNM did that and no other PNMs were doing it, I'd bet it would hurt her badly.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UF56
at UF the posters are made for those who they call "rush babies" it means girks in the house really want you....but its okay to have them in other houses even if you dont want them because you may come to a different realization during rush and change your mind. Also if you dont like them you can always drop them.
UF, when you rushed did you ever walk into a house with those posters? Did you have one? If not, did you feel like you didn't belong?

To me the poster thing seems like a ewww we don't want you because we didn't put you on our wall or something. I guess I'd just be dissapointed like the other non=walled girls, ha
Old 04-24-2003, 10:35 AM

I think the posters are in a non-public area of the house. At least I hope so!

I have heard of sorority members making posters for the legacies and the rushees they like so they know them, but McCall's instance sounded like the rushees themselves were expected to make the posters, which didn't sound right to me.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

the pnms arent supposed to know if they have posters and they are never out where the pnms can see them.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
I have never seen them out in the open... The PNMs should not know about them... And in a house of 100-200 sisters, with 300-1,000 rushees, it is hard to remember everyone. As a member, you do not get to talk to every PNM throughout rush. It is a way for members to remember rushees that their sisters have a special bond with... be it a legacy (in house or out), a sister's next door neighbor, or a best friend since 1st grade. It is not meant to hurt anyone. As a member during rush workshop you see pictures and bios of everyone going through recruitment. However, as I mentioned before, it is almost impossible to remember everyone going through!

As, carnation stated, I have never heard of a prospective new member putting up a poster about herself and my guess is that it would hurt that PNM.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

On the poster note........... in the same idea anyway-

When you send in your picture PLEASE PLEASE do not send in your modeling portfolio with you in twelve shots. A recent picture is good enoug, not a poloroid of you at your boyfriends, either.

Trust me, the girls that send in 6 8'x10' glossies are asking for us to joke on you (every house a story about a girl with feathers in their pics, too!)

Facebook
Old 04-24-2003, 12:54 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovemyglo
Trust me, the girls that send in 6 8'x10' glossies are asking for us to joke on you (every house a story about a girl with feathers in their pics, too!)
What do you mean by "feathers" in their pics? Do mean those cheesy "Glamour Shots"? LOL
Old 04-24-2003, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

The Moms before me told her to send in two photos, one was the "studio shot" like your nice, formal setting graduation pic. They suggested another candid shot too because MANY girls look NOTHING like their studio pictures. I think every single girl from here sends in two photos. It was also mentioned she should wear red in her pictures "Because it's so flatering"...she wore turquoise!