GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,575
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, aoganttsz2346
» Online Users: 2,121
1 members and 2,120 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 09-05-2002, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow I need help finding good Sorority

I am a Junior attending University of Maine at Augusta (just transferred). I was active with AD Sigma Kappa, and now at a new school hundreds of miles away, I thought it best to ask your opinion of the best way to go. Should I join the local chapter at a branch school, (UMA itself doesn't have Greek Life) or go with the main campus, which is quite far from here, but it appears to have a better PHC. If any of you have any experience with the Chapters in my area, please let me know which one you would recommend.

Thanks in advance!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-05-2002, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
I think you should retain your ties to Sigma Kappa and contact your HQ to find out if there is an alumnae chapter in your area.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I think she is saying that she is wondering if she should affiliate with one of the two SK chapter to whcih she just alluded?

Wow what a cumbersome sentence!

Quote:
Originally posted by PnguinTrax
I think you should retain your ties to Sigma Kappa and contact your HQ to find out if there is an alumnae chapter in your area.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally posted by James
I think she is saying that she is wondering if she should affiliate with one of the two SK chapter to whcih she just alluded?

Wow what a cumbersome sentence!

Ah, I read it to mean that she was considering joining a local sorority and leaving SK. Looking at it your way, James, I will correct my post....

I think you should meet the girls in the chapter on your campus and see how you all click with them. Even if you aren't going to be friends with ALL of them, you do share a great bond with them and bring your experiences from another chapter to the table, which is always a good thing. A fresh voice with new ideas is always a welcome addition to a chapter, IMO.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Hello!!

I would never think of leaving Sigma Kappa, it is just that our branch school does not have an actual chapter, so I will have to drive quite a way to meet up with them, and I was just wondering if anyone knew the better chapter, since distance will be an issue regardless. Thanks for responding. I am currently awaiting response from previous alumni HQ to see what they recommend.

Thanks again!!

Old 09-19-2002, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Start a chapter at your branch of the school.