GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,587
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, taylrjnro4590
» Online Users: 1,722
0 members and 1,722 guests
No Members online

Old 07-10-2003, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AZpinkkittie
Monsoons can get crazy in AZ because when the street and such were built, people didn't realize it does rain here, so the drainage system is non-existent and almost every street flodds. Also, because of the "stupid motorist" law, if emergency people have to pull you & your car out of a wash that floods, you'll be required to pay for the rescue . Harsh I know, but people should read the signs. Monsoons can be really nice, and the electrical storms we have are amazing . Just be careful. I have lived in Tucson my whole life, and although it's nice and comfortable (with all my friends here and all) I do want to move. I don't think there's enough to do here, so I'd like to move to a bigger city, but not Phoenix cause it's even hotter there and there still isn't a beach. People moving to Tucson though, have to be careful. It's kind of like a black hole. Once you're here, it's very dificult to leave, and if you do make it out, a lot of people tend to come back. Not that it's all bad though. There are some very nice parts about it, it just gets old after 22 years.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2003, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
As long as u know how to drive in the rain u will be fine (although many arizonians DONT know how to!!!) Also, be sure to look out for fallen trees and stuff, since alot of things fall down during monsoon season!
Old 07-12-2003, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the advice! I shall do my best to cope with the monsoons. I'll be careful too!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 07-24-2003, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Girls! I've lived in Tucson my whole life-19 years- and will be starting my second year at the U of A in the fall. For those of you who know Tucson pretty well, I went to Catalina Foothills high school. Those four years weren't exactly the greatest-that school is very hard to fit into! Anyways, I'm rushing in August and am very excited, but also getting nervous!

Sam
Old 07-24-2003, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Catalina!
Small world. My ex boyfriend and another close friend went to Catalina. But that was in the 80s, so...much older than you.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Amycat, you're thinking of another school. Tucson has a Catalina High School and a Catalina Foothills High School. Confusing, I know, lol. Catalina Foothills has only been around for about 7 years.

I lived in that neighborhood while attending high school and I had to be bused to the neighboring school district because the high school hadn't been built yet. Aaaargh. What a pain in the butt!
Old 07-25-2003, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AZpinkkittie
Sam I know several people that went to Catalina Foothills and graduated in 1999. Did you know any upperclassmen while you were there??
Old 07-25-2003, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I knew a few people that graduated in 1999. Who did you know?
Sam
Old 07-25-2003, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Andee4321
Yeah! I'm here in Tempe AZ too!!! However I feel as if the monsoons this year aren't as bad as last year. Last year they were horrible. But yeah ASU!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Another question to my fellow Arizonians (or Arizonans) that I have been wanting to ask! What is up with the rivalry between Arizona and ASU? Just wondering! No badmouthing the other school!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 07-26-2003, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ASUGPhiB
Quote:
Originally posted by absolutuscchick
As long as u know how to drive in the rain u will be fine (although many arizonians DONT know how to!!!) Also, be sure to look out for fallen trees and stuff, since alot of things fall down during monsoon season!
No kidding!!!! There was a really bad monsoom in Fall 2000 my Freshmen year and I was driving down the 202 and all of a sudden there would be a car two feet infront of me. Seriously AZ'ians need to learn that when it rains you must turn on your LIGHTS!!!

By the way ASU Gamma Phi here.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I just wanna say welcome Sam! I'm a senior at the UA and I hope that you're looking forward to recruitment! You went to Foothills....I know a bunch of people who went to school there though they're too old for you to have known. Although one of my rushee's last year (when I was a Recruitment Counselor) had gone there...she'd be your age too...Anyway, GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-27-2003, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shine
Quote:
Originally posted by CatStarESP4
Another question to my fellow Arizonians (or Arizonans) that I have been wanting to ask! What is up with the rivalry between Arizona and ASU? Just wondering! No badmouthing the other school!
Who of A?

There's nothing like a healthy rivalry to make things fun.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shine
I'd be all about a GC AZ get-together. I don't know about driving down to the brown dustbin for it, though.

I go to ASU. I'm a former member of greek-life there. If you want to know the story on that, I'm sure it's on GC somewhere.

Go Devils!!!
Old 07-27-2003, 10:12 PM

ASWHO?