GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,477
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, greorasyandexta
» Online Users: 2,348
0 members and 2,348 guests
No Members online

Old 10-06-2003, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Some of YOUR fav quotes?

I dont know about you guys but I LOOOVE to read quotes on people's profiles and away messages....okay okay im lame but hey im sure im not the only one......

Here are a few that I have picked up from other people (they are not mine).....feel free to share.

"Sex with an ex can be depressing: If its good then you dont have it anymore and if its bad..you just have sex with your ex."

"If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees."

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it." Douglas Adams

"On a positive note. I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I've learned that life sometimes gives u a second chance. I've learned that u shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. U need to be able to throw something back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what u said, people will forget what u did, but people will never forget how u made them feel."
~Maya Angelou

"Wise girls kiss but don't fall in love, listen but don't believe, and leave before she is left."

There comes a point in your life when you realize who truly matters, who never did, and who always will
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-06-2003, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
My favorites (and yes, I'm obsessed with reading other ppl's profiles and quotes too... gives a whole new insight on life):

"The only way to get rid of temptation is by giving into it" (from my own profile)

"Here's to alcohol: the source of, and answer to, all of life's problems" (from the Simpsons)

"Who knows where thoughts come from, they just appear" (Lucas, from Empire Records)

"Trust is something that comes easy when you've never been a victim" (Face to Face)
Old 10-06-2003, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Ala my sister's profile "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it"
Old 10-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

"He who is not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"Politeness is to do & say/The kindest thing in the kindest way." Mom

"Service to others is the rent you pay for the space you occupy on Earth." Albert Schweitzer

My car's license plate is Philippians 4:4: "Rejoice in the Lord Always; and again I say, Rejoice!"
Old 10-06-2003, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I love love love quotes...

Here are some of my faves...

~~~"I want the fairytale" Pretty Woman

~~~"Love doesn't make the world go 'round but it certainly makes a lot of people dizzy"

~~~"Some people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold"

~~~"Never long for anyone from your past...there's a reason why they never made it to your future"

~~~"The sun is going to shine, the rain is going to fall, and in the end you might get burned or wet...so bathe in the sun and dance in the puddles...and at the end of each day SMILE"
Old 10-07-2003, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE quotes, esp. from movies and TV shows, I'll be watching something and I'll be like damn, I need to write that down. I really love movie taglines too.

"I'm 22 years old - that's almost 30, and I still haven't accepted that this is my life. And I just wish that I could be dumb. And then I wouldn't know better and I could be happy and stop hoping. And I'm telling you this like you're interested in my boring life."–Riding in Cars with Boys, said by Beverly (Drew Barrymore)

"If you stay single in New York long enough, you're supposed to get wiser about dating. What men to pick, where to meet them...but what really made any of us experts? Wasn't our single status a neon sign that we couldn't get it right? What if all these years in New York have only made us older, more confused, or dead? Are we getting wiser, or just older?"-Sex & the City, Carrie
Old 10-07-2003, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I'll bite on this one....

"Oh, balls!" said the Queen. "If I had two, I'd be king."

"To love another person is to see the face of God."

"Yes, I'm a good housekeeper, I divorce the men and keep the house"~Eva Gabor

"Women have to work twice as hard as men to get the same respect, luckily, it's not that hard."

"Conscienceness: That annoying time between naps."

"Conscienceness: That annoying time between beers."
Old 10-07-2003, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: New Orleans. Or pure unpenetrable evil, depending on what I feel like at the moment.
Send a message via AIM to GPhiLlama Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiLlama
"Back in five minutes!-Godot"

"What's wrong with running away from reality if it sucks?"-Evangelion

"You print out over there, I print out over here..hee! I love computers!"-Gunsmith Cats

"I once heard the voice of God. It said 'Vrrrrrrmmmm.' Then I realized it was the lawn mower."

"I didn't come here drifting on the tides of fate. I came here because of choices that I made, choices that had to be made. I'm happy with that."-Irvine Kinneas, FFVIII

"What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?"-Ursula K. Le Guin

I love quotes! They're fun!
Old 10-07-2003, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

"Some people meet that somebody that they can never stop loving, no matter how hard they try. I don't expect you to understand that, or even believe it, but trust me, there are some loves that don't go away. And maybe that makes them crazy, but we should all be lucky to end up with somebody who never lets go." -Ally McBeal

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible".- When Harry Met Sally

"Later that night I got to thinking about fate, that crazy concept that we're not really responsible for the course our lives take, that it's all predestined, written in the stars. Maybe that explains why if you live in a city where you can't even see the stars your love life tends to feel a little more random. And even if our every man, every kiss, every heartache is prerecorded from some cosmic catalogue can we still take a wrong step and wander off our own personal milkyway? I couldn't help but wonder, can you make a mistake and miss your fate?"-Carrie, Sex & the City

"Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies." - Carrie, "Sex and the City"
Old 10-07-2003, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Old 10-09-2003, 06:28 AM
GreekChat Member

"Love is extacy and agony. Freedom and imprisonment. It's what keeps people together and apart."

"Two people can be perfect for each other--and if the timing is wrong it is never going to work out for them. Bad timing is the reason most normal people end up single. weirdos and creeps are single because they are weirdos and creeps. but people like us are single because we are the victims of bad timing."

"Love is a minefield: You take a step, get blown to pieces, put yourself back together again, and stupidly take another step. I guess that's human nature. It hurts so much to be alone that we'd all rather blow up than be single."

"I cheese sandwich you."
Old 10-09-2003, 04:20 PM

"If you start out depressed, everything is a pleasant surprise." -Lloyd Dobbler, "Say Anything"

"Women may be able to fake orgasms, but men can fake whole relationships." -Sharon Stone

"A word of advice, lady? Don't point your finger at f-ing crazy people!" -Lisa, "Girl, Interrupted"

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." -Jonathon Swift

"Were we closer to the ground as children, or is
the grass emptier now?" -Alan Bennett, "Forty Years On"

"Two may walk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends." -Mary Catherwood, Mackinac and Lake Stories, "Marianson"

"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future, and time future contained in time past." - T.S. Eliot

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?" - Frank Scully

"Nothing valuable can be lost by taking time." - Abraham Lincoln

"Life is made up of marble and mud." - Nathaniel Hawthorne

"There are victories of the soul and spirit. Sometimes, even if you lose, you win." - Elie Wiesel

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." -William Butler Yeats

"In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary." - Aaron Rose

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my time in friction when it could be turned into momentum." - Frances Willard

"History never looks like history when you are living through it." - John Gardner

"If a window of opportunity appears, don't pull down the shade." - Tom Peters

"Adults are obsolete children." - Dr. Seuss

"Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom." - Phillis Theroux

"There is no better measure of what a person is than what he does when he's absolutely free to choose." - Will Bulger

"There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in." - Graham Greene

"It's surprising how much of memory is built around things unnoticed at the time." - Barbara Kingsolver

"...you can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count." -Benjamin Hoff "The Tao Of Pooh"

"There is more to knowing than just being correct." -Benjamin Hoff "The Tao Of Pooh"

"A fly can't bird but a bird can fly. Very simple. It's obvious, isn't it? And yet, you'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff "The Tao Of Pooh"

"There is nothing wrong with not being able to whistle, especially if you're a fish." -Benjamin Hoff "The Tao Of Pooh"

...i have millions of quotes...

-sarah
Old 10-09-2003, 06:00 PM

"Everybody is somebody else's weirdo."

"YOur heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive; trust your heart"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...it feels good till you realize you just fucked yourself."

"If God was a woman, she'd be a Theta!"

Sorry folks, but i had to slip that last one in there
Old 10-09-2003, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

"PC Load Letter?? What the f--- does that mean?"
-from Office Space (and every single person who I work with)
Old 10-09-2003, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to twhrider13
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether or not my Maker is ready to meet me is another story altogether."~Winston Churchill