GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,525
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, majika
» Online Users: 1,182
0 members and 1,182 guests
No Members online

Old 09-05-2002, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Not sure wherre I heard it but...

...I heard that Kappa is considering accepting alum initiates under certain circumstances -- must be a college grad etc...

I have personally gotten four Gamma Phi alum initiates since I left college AGES ago -- it is very rewarding! Two were "legacies" -- one was another AF officer whose mom was a Gamma Phi but my friend attended an all girls college and never had the chance to rush at all -- when she saw my Gamma Phi decal on my car window, she commented that her mom was a die-hard Gamma Phi who was always sad that she (my friend) never had the chance to become one -- we needless to say I resolved that problem posthaste! My friend was thrilled and her mom was beyond thrilled. When my friend was initiated -- with the first pledge class at our recolonized Auburn chapter, her 80yearold plus mom was there and there was nary a dry eye in the place...my friends mom died soon afetrwards and to this day my friend is soooo grateful that she got to become a Gamma Phi before her mom died....
The way our local Gamma Phi alumnae chapter works it here is we mentally consider our own personal circle of friends and then if we know someone who might be interested we tell them we'd like them to consider becoming a Gamma Phi alum initiate...and we take the process from there...
I think it is a great program!
Old 09-06-2002, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Sigma Phi does not have a provision for honorary members, but in limited situations may allow initiation of faculty advisors by the chapter. In very rare situations a man may be initiated into Alpha Sigma Phi by vote of the Grand Council, and as such becomes a 'member-at-large'.

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 09-06-2002, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

ktsnake, I laughed for a moment on the Honorary Initiation thing!

After rereading it, Da I knew exactly what you ment!

Remember, there are those out there who do not understand the Difference!

We in LXA also have the same thing! Initiation of an advisor and someone who has shown and done special signifigacne for the Chapter! Above and beyond the Call Of Duty of the Guys at the Chapter!

I know the BGLOS ( no offense ment ) have a large amount of members who are initiated as Alum members. That maybe because of the low % of AM in the College system and the Number of Chapters available on any one campus! There a lot of factores.

I do know that the difference between Male/Female Greek Organizations do exist!

Becoming a member is not an easy thing whether on the Collegeit level or as an Alum!

Remember, it is well worth the time and energy spent being a memeber during and after if you want to put the time and effort into it!

Well for me, after have being a member for low these many years and am still involved tells everyone somethig! Ha and I am not alone!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-07-2002, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you GPhiBLtColonel

GPhiBLtColonel,
Quote:
When my friend was initiated -- with the first pledge class at our recolonized Auburn chapter, her 80yearold plus mom was there and there was nary a dry eye in the place...my friends mom died soon afetrwards and to this day my friend is soooo grateful that she got to become a Gamma Phi before her mom died....
Thank you for sharing that beautiful story. It's wonderful when relatives can also be sisters.
violets