GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 2,378
2 members and 2,376 guests
g41965, PGD-GRAD

Old 08-28-2003, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Well I went to orientation tonight and I just got back. I LOVE my recruitment counselor....she is sooooo nice. It sounds like the system goes like this 11 the first day, 9 or 7 the second day (she wasn't sure), 5 the third day, and 3 for pref.

The first day is the "Ice Water Round"
The Second Day is the "Philanthropy" Day
The Third Day is the "Activity" Day
The Fourth Day is Pref
And the FIFTH DAY IS BID DAY!!!!

Well, I'm meeting with my RC again tomorrow night, so I will let everyone know more of the plan!!!

<3
Rachel

ONLY TWO DAYS UNTIL RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-28-2003, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by absolutuscchick

ONLY TWO DAYS UNTIL RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woo hoo!!!!! Best of luck!! Knock 'em dead.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Go, Rachel!!
Old 08-28-2003, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

go girl...have a ball...homerun time...
lol
Old 08-28-2003, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I talked to my recruitment counselor about grade cuts and basically it works like this. The first round of parties is VERY short (only like 4 or 5 minutes EACH house). After this round, the houses decide if they want to take a grade risk on me (or so it sounds like), and if so, they will invite me back the next day. Basically any person with a GPA between 2.25 and 3.0 is a grade risk (which is ironic because not all of the houses even have gpas over 3.0!!!) Anywho, I will find out on Saturday morning if and where I have been cut from. On saturday morning, I will either narrow down my choices to seven houses, or I will already have had my choices narrowed down and I will have to accept all of my invitations to stay involved in Recruitment. It sounds like, if I stay in recruitment and don't get completely cut initially, then I will be almost guaranteed (2/1000 usuallly dont get a bid at all...apparently due to suiciding) a bid. So I am sort of reassured, sort of still scared.
I figured out that a girl in one of my classes is in red and she seems very unsororityish, not into the whole rush thing, so that's interesting. There is also a girl in pink who kept talking to fraternity guys in each class, telling them about a bus meeting at a certain time tonight was taking them to a party thrown by pink , or a club or bar or something. I thought that was a little weird, given that rush starts tomorrow evening! But I guess that's just a little insight into that house's priorities!! I also talked again to the girl from green who is sooo nice. I really hope that everyone is as nice as her!!!

Well, I'm praying for good luck right now!!
Old 08-29-2003, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to triskit03
Good luck! Have fun and let us all know how it all went!
Old 08-29-2003, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Rachel,
Have a wonderful time throughout recruitment...I know you'll knock them dead!

(Anyone else a little shocked by the 4-5 minute first round parties????)
Old 08-29-2003, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Rachel,

Good Luck tomorrow!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm back!!!!

Well I lost the sheet with the different color translations so I guess I'll just make up new colors for all the other houses not previously discussed......

purple: You know when everyone says that they can just tell they were at home? I finally know what everyone has been talking about. I just felt it. Like I felt so comfortable....I could just see myself there.

Brown: I wasn't really crazy about the girl I was talking to though, but one of my rush group buddies LOVED so who knows, I'm sure it could be awesome!

Black: While the girl I talked to I LOVED, I saw like half of my high school, and I just really don't know if it was for me...I know I could never really see myself there but I could be happy still.

Red: I was so ridiculously nervous at this house that I am sure I sounded like a complete wreck. I really hope they invite me back though!!! (Their outfits were really cute here too, I loved the matching black Steve Madden sandals!!)

Pink: Well, I had preconcieved notions coming into this house, and one of the girls I talked to confirmed it, but the second girl, the Panhellenic Rep, made me fall in love with this house. I talked about how I was interested in being the NPC Rep here and by the end, I really loved the house. The girl reminded me of my rho chi at USC, who I also loved.

Orange: I had a good conversation with my rusher, but as this is one of the houses towards the middle, my memory is getting a little bit hazy. However, I know I could be at home here as well.

Yellow: The girl I talked to here was nice, but looking at the girls in this house, I knew I would never really feel at home here. This is the only house that I think I would probably not accept a bid at.

Green: The girl I talked to here wasn't a particularly great rusher, but I could tell she LOVED her house sooo much. I know I could feel at home here because of my friend in this house from Psych.

White: Don't remember much about this house, but I could have been at home here. If I get invited back, I will tell you tomorrow.

Blue: My rusher was awesome here and I really enjoyed the house. I would be happy here.

Coral: Well, I loved this house. These girls definitly lived up to their reputation of beingthe "intelligent" house. I had such an awesome convo with my rusher about psychology and economics and direction in life. The girls also were dressed so nicely and had the cutest matching red shoes, belts, and bows on their nametags!! I have a feeling that I will be dropped here because of my grades, but if not, I would be happy here! The only other thing that worries me here is the fact that I was totally looking at a girl in purple, not paying attention to this house when I was supposed to go in. Oh well, we'll know tomorrow.

While writing this I managed to burn the quesadilla I was cooking (and ignoring) so now I smell Vera Wang mixed with burnt tortilla.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
I can't wait to hear about the rest of your experience! Sounds like you had a blast! I hope it continues!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to USChica06
Glad you had a good time! Keep us updated!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, so I was just looking at Purple's website and I am just so much in love with this house...if I get cut from them tomorrow morning (not even 11 hours away!!!) I think (ok, I KNOW) that I will be devastated....I'm praying that I'm asked back!!! Oh well, I will know tomorrow morning. And since it's getting so "late" given that I have to be up before seven to drive to the MU to get my list, I think I'm going to get ready for bed. I will post with where I got invited back to (purple, please....) tomorrow morning.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

i am glad that you had a good time! ***hoping that you get purple invites
Old 08-30-2003, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck with your invitations!!!!
Old 08-30-2003, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Best of luck for all the invites.....especially the purple one!