GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,666
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, banessjnry522
» Online Users: 996
2 members and 994 guests
banessjnry522, PrettyBoy

Old 08-23-2002, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Congratulations!

Good Luck in the next round!
Old 08-23-2002, 09:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
happy dance for going back to AZD! WOO HOO!
Old 08-23-2002, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Fewdfreak,
OOH I am loving your Recruitment thread!!!!
I am joining the happy dance and attempting some high kicks that I haven't tried since high school. Ouch!
Have fun at philanthropy day...I actually think it's a fun event! And this is coming from a woman who wouldn't know a craft if it fell on her head!
Keep posting sweetie, I am behind you all the way!

Oh, and of course I'm thrilled to see ADPi on your list!

Alpha Xi Delta & Delta Zeta are going to be amazing too see as well--I really can't wait to see how they're all going to top themselves after skit night!

Faternally,
violets
Old 08-23-2002, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Sooo...how did it go today??
Old 08-23-2002, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Fewdfreak
Update

I just got back from Philanthropy Round and I visited 3 houses, AXiD, ADPi, and DZ.

At Alpha Xi Delta we watched a movie of their sisterhood. It showed all of the stuff that they were involved in and some stuff about their philanthropy. It was very nice. We then went into the basement and made a care package for the children that couldn't afford school supplies. I then talked with a girl, she was very nice but we didn't have a lot in common, she kept asking me if I had anymore quesions and I was asked out... I think we spent more than the alloted hour in here because we had to sprint to the bus to the next house.

At the next house, Delta Zeta we had to run across the street in our cute sundresses and heels. We made it just in time as they were walking in because the bus was running like ten minutes behind. We went the house and I was out of breath, the girl was sweet and said that it was okay. She was nice. We went into the basement and made this moldable hands out of felt and pipe cleaners for the hearing impared to practice sign language on. They were such a cute idea, I never would have thought of that. We also got to drink little strawberry slushies that had berries on the side. They were good. Then we went upstairs and one girl showed me around the house and gave me a mini-tour (but I guess I later heard that no one should have given a tour, but I also got one at the other houses ) She told me about their crest, which is like the only 10 original oldest. We then sat and talked for a while about the sorority, and living in the house. She said that the best part was having a sister to just yell up the stairs at and say "I'm going for ice cream, and have five girls run down." I think that would be great. We then saw their movie, and I talked with two girls that I had previously talked to the days prior, they are so nice and sweet! All the sisters here are very nice, and seem like they interact and get along well. The movie was great, and some of the stuff they do is so exciting and for a good cause. They showed pics of sisterhood and philanthropy. The woman also told me about the jello fiasco where they were going to have like jello wars and it rained and it all melted! I really loved this house, and hopefully I will see them tomorrow night because I could definately see myself here.

The final house for me was Alpha Delta Pi. They have cool house, and I asked her about it, and she said that everyone refers to it as the Brady Bunch house because it has a spiral staircase. I talked with several girls, and it seemed very warm here. We drank Coke out of little bottles and for our philanthropy we made puzzles and bracelets for the children at the Ronald McDonald House. The girl thought that I did a cute drawing! I also saw the girls I talked to before and we talked about where to get food, and how hungry we all were since it was six, and we hadn't ate since 10. She said that the sisterhood there is great, and how they always sleep in other peoples room because they didn't have any air. They sisters here are so nice, and I could see my self here perhaps.

I was sitting with my Rho Chi group and told this girl that she looks like Sarah Jessica Parker. She said that she gets that a lot, and it is her best complement, because she was working at Wrigley Field and this old woman came up to her and was like, "You look like Carrie from Sex and the City..." She does.

Today was sundress day and at Iowa all of the guys camp out on lawn chairs on the roof, couches on the porch, and barbeques on the front lawn. We walked by so many guys that complaned about getting up early to see all the girls. It was annoying because the PX said that some will throw water and one car stopped and were all naked running down the road with bags on their head. All I got was some comments, one house that yelled "You wanna see my sundress baby" and they played "U's a Hoe" and some college girls are easy song. They were yelling suck my.... and stuff and the Rho Chi's came running and her were like "Do you have a problem with our girls!?" that was so nice of them.

Tomorrow is pref at fivish. We are going to meet at 9am then meet at 3:15 to go to eat. Then we pref. I'll post my results...
This is when I start to get nervous because I hope that I will get the house I want, but I am still keeping an open mind and I will feel at home no matter what.

A lot of girls are starting to gossip in the dorms and such about getting points. I'm trying no to pay any attention though, because I know where I want to be.

L.

A little side note, how do you make the devil face? I saw it on another thread.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Fewdfreak! Gosh, I just love your thread You have so much detail...and I really enjoy all the stories. I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself, and I hope you find that special house to call your new home!

Good Luck!!

Heather
Old 08-23-2002, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kayla_adpi
g'luck lauren...i hope you have a great week!! i can't wait to hear the results
Old 08-23-2002, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile fingers and toes crossed

it sounds like you are ok and well on the road to finding a home.
keep breathing, try to sleep and let's play the game out.
we are with you. a bunch of folks from the atlantic to pacific...and even el paso.
lol
Old 08-24-2002, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
What do you mean by "points"...I'm clueless

Anyway, Have a restful night and have a wonderful day tomorrow. I will be thinking of you at 9am when you get your invites and at 5ish during pref!

Don't forget to let us know where you will be going! We will all be anticipating hearing from you

dzsaigirl
Old 08-24-2002, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I wish you a wonderful time at Pref. It is going to be an amazing experience, especially at the houses you really have felt connected with. Remember to follow your heart....it will show you the way. Let us know how things go. Best of luck!
Old 08-24-2002, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Fewdfreak
I was riding down the elevator today and these girls were talking about how when the sorority is deciding who to give a bid they rank the PNM's according to points, and whoever has the most gets higher on their bid list. Some girls and a mom in the elevator were saying that if you are overweight, don't wear nice clothers, etc... that you are likely to get cut or not get a bid. They were also making stereotypes like this sorority cuts you if you don't drink, etc... That seems totally not true, this isn't MTV Sorority Life. I don't think it is true because that seems shallow and I doubt people would get cut simply on the basis of appearance, and their probably isn't even a points system. Some girls are like "that's a bad house, etc..." but I guess that is just teenage girls for you because they are like that when things get competivtive and they are jealous or something, I still think that they are rude though, our PX said not to talk to others about it because if you don't like a sorority, you may be talking smack about someone elses dream house, and I agree. Anyway, I'm just tuning it out, and not listening to any of the stereotypes because this isn't MTV .
Old 08-24-2002, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
Quote:
because if you don't like a sorority, you may be talking smack about someone elses dream house, and I agree.
you just don't realize how true that is. not everybody wants the same house. otherwise there would only be one sorority on campus and no recruitment. keep your head up and don't listen to them. you know the truth.

marissa
A GD
Old 08-24-2002, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fewdfreak
Anyway, I'm just tuning it out, and not listening to any of the stereotypes because this isn't MTV .
Smart move. You make the decision that's right for you.

Good luck with your pref invites.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Such Greek wisdom and you're only a PNM! Best of luck...you're doing great!
Old 08-24-2002, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

If you were my daughter, I would be so very proud of you! Heck, I'm proud of you as it is!
In some ways, your story reminds me of my sweetie's journey. She too kept an open mind and wasn't impressed IN THE LEAST by "letters" or as you call it , tent talk, and as everyone has said, there's ALWAYS plenty of that.

Like you, she was searching for the girls she could call "sister". Across the board, she met wonderful individuals in every chapter.
Considering ALL the houses, where she ended up, was the perfect place for HER. I hope you find the perfect home for YOU.

Last edited by justamom; 08-24-2002 at 09:31 AM.