GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,667
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, Dysonqhl
» Online Users: 898
0 members and 898 guests
No Members online

Old 07-10-2014, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I have really enjoyed your story. Did Molly ever get a bid?
Old 07-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Hooray!!!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:09 PM

Postscript:

Molly did not ever get a bid. Here's where Stan Marsh would say "I learned something today." When she first went through rush with her roommate (who she was sometimes on good terms with, sometimes not), they both actually liked Ups & Downs the best. If Molly would have just listened to her heart and gone for it, she probably would have gotten a bid from them, and fit in perfectly and had a great time being Greek. Instead she listened to EVERYONE who was in her ear telling her what they could do for her or what she should do. Rushees: don't do this!!! Even if it's a family member or longtime friend and their advice is out of love, DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. Think about what you have learned in your experience. Go with your heart and your gut. She got involved in other things on campus outside of the Greek system. We did stay friends, but we weren't as close as we had been previously.

The pretty girl I'd seen in the business building became my big. And Blair was my 3 big!!

One night a few weeks later Nancy and I were both in the study room on our wing talking about how pledging was going. She said while she still liked the girls in Ups & Downs, they were kind of pressuring her to drink more than she felt comfortable with and giving her a hassle about her plans to live off-campus with a member of Merry Go Round the next semester. This just confirmed to me that I had absolutely made the right decision.

Tootie and I got to be better friends our senior year when we were both hanging out a lot at George Clooney. She is still a dear friend of mine and was one of the people who helped everyone in the Greek system reunite all these years later.

For a while I was a fan of Christopher Atkins and there was even the period of hanging out with Matt Dillon, but my ultimate faves are George Clooney. And like Clooney himself, they started out hot and have only amped up the hot as they aged.

And a few weeks ago, I spent a weekend at the beach with members of Foxmoor, Susie's Casuals and Ormond. The letters we wore weren't as important as the shared experiences we had had at our college. I think it happens like this at most small schools - especially when everyone starts hanging out together at the same bars senior year. It really is true that "no matter the letter, we're all Greek together."

I enjoyed rush, fer shurrr.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Great story!!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Great story and very well written - thanks for sharing.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Fun story! Did Susie's ever go national? And can you identify where George Clooney pledged? And I am so glad that Matt Dillon made a cameo.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Mea culpa! Did County Seat go national? (Which sort of cracks me up since counties are local.)
Old 07-10-2014, 02:54 PM

Yes they did. I didn't even think about the county part, lol.

I will send you a PM identifying the fraternities.

Oh and does anyone know why when I google "Ups & Downs 1980s" I keep getting pictures of Rick Springfield?
Old 07-10-2014, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Is it wrong that I still kind of want to look like the women in the Merry Go Round ad? Or at least have a flat stomach and long hair.
I know someone who still wears her hair like that. I want to tell her to join the 21st century, but she's really nice.