GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,666
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, banessjnry522
» Online Users: 986
1 members and 985 guests
g41965

Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

There were many people who did drop during 21 party alone, and many people who dropped right after. I, personally, loved every second of it and will be continuing.

I know the process here isn't ideal, but I am going to try to keep an open-mind about it! Regardless, I am doing this for the experience, and I know there are other places on this enormous campus where I can be happy.

And, to the members who said I would be happy at multiple chapters: Even after just visiting 21 party, I completely echo this sentiment. There are MANY girls in each chapter, and they are all different (yet bound together) in an intricate manner. I would be honored to be a part of any chapter here!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I just realized that what I posted sounded REALLY cheesy. I just meant that there are great people in each house, and each house has a great combination of amazing girls that I would love to get to know better
Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
Brighteyed girl, you don't sound cheesy, you sound like you are enjoying the process and keeping an open mind = ideal attitude for any PNM.
And ForeverRoses- hard copy, PAPER invite lists??!! You guys really are your own special snowflake recruitment!
Looking forward to this thread & hearing more about FR; it's so different there!
oh, and GO B1G TEN!

TEII
Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchaptergphib View Post
And ForeverRoses- hard copy, PAPER invite lists??!! You guys really are your own special snowflake recruitment!
Looking forward to this thread & hearing more about FR; it's so different there!
oh, and GO B1G TEN!
that is what I was told- a hard copy PAPER invite list. The also do it online using Panhel's system, so I'm not sure why they want a paper copy, but they do! We also do this with the final bid list- we put it in the system, then print out a paper copy and drive it over to the Union to the panhel/greek life office.

I don't spend much/any time with the PNMs to know exactly why they dropped during 21 party, however this year my niece has a few friends going though, and I know one of them dropped when the realized that their grades were good enough for the panhel minimum, but that they were below most of the chapter minimums.

Also, this year's trend-- brown boots over the jeans. (last year Toms were quite popular).

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 12-04-2012, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
that is what I was told- a hard copy PAPER invite list. The also do it online using Panhel's system, so I'm not sure why they want a paper copy, but they do! We also do this with the final bid list- we put it in the system, then print out a paper copy and drive it over to the Union to the panhel/greek life office.
Maybe so nothing can be claimed as a "computer glitch"?

PNM: "Oh XYZ must have dropped me because of a computer glitch, I'll just be horrible to the other chapters so I can get a snap bid later"

or, Member to Friend PNM: "Oh my gosh, Patty PNM, we totally invited you/your friend (package deal) back but the computer messed up our list!"
Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a little late to the party (and I've been absent on these boards for awhile) but I just wanted to say good luck to brighteyedgirl! I can't believe this is my first year NOT participating in IU recruitment! If you have any questions about the process, feel free to PM me. I was a Rho Gamma and recruitment chair for my chapter so I have a lot of insight into the logistics.

As for the paper copies, I think it is just as GeorgiaGreek said. I know when I was a Rho Gamma we had to have THREE paper copies of the PNMs preference lists for each round (one for me, PHA, and the PNM) and also input them into the computer system. When in doubt, CYA.

ForeverRoses--brown boots over jeans is the trend for chapters or PNMs?

Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierxgirl View Post
Gawd. Isn't this dead yet?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Gawd. Isn't this dead yet?
I thought boots over jeans was a pretty classic look? I never considered it a trend waiting to die. Now cowboy boots, those can die unless you are actually on a ranch/riding a horse/in Texas/all of the above.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

And in cold climes, boots are a practical and safe (literally; they can help minimize the instances of falling on your arse) option for adding some style to your winter wardrobe. This is not boots tucked into jeans in Miami or LA, which to me makes it ok. Now high heeled stiletto knee high boots make absolutely no sense to me. But then I have a thing about high heels of any kind with jeans. I just think it looks goofy, mismatched.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierxgirl View Post

This was pretty standard for the PNMs. I didn't see what other houses were wearing, so I don't know if any of them were doing this as well. But I would say 1/3-1/2 of all the PNMs I saw were sporting this look. Saw lots of Toms shoes as well.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGreek View Post
Now cowboy boots, those can die unless you are actually on a ranch/riding a horse/in Texas/all of the above.
"In Tennessee" should also be added to that list
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Hahaha, Hypo's Christmas list? Toms and brown boots. Apparently the same footwear is trending at Barnard.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Hahaha, Hypo's Christmas list? Toms and brown boots. Apparently the same footwear is trending at Barnard.
Brown boots must be taking over the world. Last weekend I was on Michigan Avenue and saw a plethora of black leggings with brown boots. I am not a huge fan of mixing black and brown unless there is an accessory with both color in it.

Here is a photo from the IDS:
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=90059

And an opinion column criticizing the PHA choice of weekends:
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=90100
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess you have two choices during rush, either sweating to death or freezing to death!

Why do they split it up between semesters? I think having first round right before finals would be very stressful and horrible to worry about over the break! If it was all in the second semester then you would have the grades in and everyone would know if they'd be a grade cut.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Row View Post
I guess you have two choices during rush, either sweating to death or freezing to death!

Why do they split it up between semesters? I think having first round right before finals would be very stressful and horrible to worry about over the break! If it was all in the second semester then you would have the grades in and everyone would know if they'd be a grade cut.
To conduct our recruitment with 21 parties prior to classes starting in January, it would mean that some parties would have to take place in December. I think there would be a mass revolt of sorority women if they had to come back before New Year's and spend NYE on campus with no dates. It was bad enough the year we had to report during the evening of Jan. 1.