GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,662
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, Matthew1
» Online Users: 1,827
0 members and 1,827 guests
No Members online

Old 01-29-2006, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shawanda30
I can afford drycleaning, but I am not going to take my shit to the cleaners down here they fuck up your shit and don't want to pay for it; that's why I wash it in a mild detergent and scrub the spots a little.
There're no decent drycleaners in the whole area? Wow, that sucks ... Maybe just ask around; a lot of times your professors (or other people you know that have to wear dryclean only clothes for work) might be able to recommend places near campus that students wouldn't always know about.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-29-2006, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I can afford drycleaning, but I am not going to take my shit to the cleaners down here they fuck up your shit and don't want to pay for it; that's why I wash it in a mild detergent and scrub the spots a little.
I think everyone here (especially my soro) has given you an ideal on how to take care of your jacket. If you don't like the answer, that's fine,but I will NOT tolerate you or anybody else getting defensive and having an attitude about it.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGPhiBete
Our colors are red and white...i wear them ALL the time....I'm almost always wearing letters of some kind, and most of my non-jewelry items are in our colors :-)
Old 01-29-2006, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shawanda30 Send a message via Yahoo to Shawanda30
Smile

I don't think anyone was getting smart with each other, this is my thread, but no one has to tolerate anything from anyone. From what I heard no one dryclean, they say everyone fucks up your clothes; I just do it myself. I haven't had a problem washing my jacket, I just wish that I can get the spot off my collar.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
I don't think anyone was getting smart with each other, this is my thread, but no one has to tolerate anything from anyone.
tnxbutterfly is the moderator of this forum.

She was being nothing but polite when she cautioned you. In fact, the other posts in this thread have been nothing but helpful to you.

This isn't YOUR thread, honey. If it were your thread, you'd be having conversations with yourself. Just because you started it doesn't mean it's yours.

If you don't like her rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
Our sorority's colors are Maroon and White. I have a black line jacket I wear when the weather's nice (even though I'm 7 years in and shouldn't be according to some, lol).

I take my jacket to the dry cleaners'. Why? Probably cause I paid close to $100 and that sucker is an investment

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 03-02-2006, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OhioCentaur Send a message via Yahoo to OhioCentaur
Thumbs up

I wear my brown and gold daily...
Old 04-10-2006, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Following 3 years of sorority membership, my entire wardrobe can be covered in 4 colors. Royal blue and white, or red and black.

If you add in hawaiian shirts, that's technically 5.

The sheer volume of shirts I have is out of control. I end up wearing letters/colors 6 to 7 days a week, intentional and not!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

those are some sick jackets!!

I have a custom line jacket too... features a tank on the back haha
Old 04-11-2006, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was an undergrad, I used to wear letters/colors almost every day of the week!

As an alumna, I tend to have lots of work clothes in our colors. If I have an important presentation to give, I like to wear one of my burgundy suits because it makes me feel empowered. Of course, I have lots of silver jewelery.

By the way, Shawanda30, can you ease up on the swearing? We're sorority women here and there is no need for it. Thank you.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

If i dont were my letters i wear my greeks colors 7 days a week, because our colors are orange and navy blue. So at work a orange and navy blue tie with navy blue suit, and other days u know how it goes, and weekend im in letter, and our traditions is tuesday is Organe and Navy Blue so u have to wear either letters or the fraternity colors. Undergrads will be fined if they are found not wearing letter or colors on this day....
Old 04-26-2006, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
Originally posted by XIPICUTIE
Xi Omega Pi's colors are heather gray and pink....my closet is predominantly pink so I wear it just about every day
The fact that that's a rather popular color combo in clothing right now (at least here in the UK) probably helps too !1 .

Red/black is also quite popular now too, i've bought some nice skirts/tops to wear for ritual and for color bearing days
Old 07-14-2006, 05:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kerry4prez
i wear mine everyday! im so proud to be in my frat that hardly a day goes by that i dont show it.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by flirt5721 View Post
Well since our colors are light blue, dark blue, and gold(yellow) I wear them a lot. More blue then the yellow.

That is my sorority's colors too! I just transfered to a new school where my sorority isn't even in the state so I'm trying to start a chapter here!

I try to wear my shirts whenever I can and if I don't have to bring too much to campus, my OPA totebag comes with me! I also have a silver bracelet with a heart on it that I received from my chapter when I went alum, and on one side of the heart my name is engraved, and on the other side is my letters! I try to wear it whenever I can!

Last edited by DreamfulSpirit; 11-20-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamfulSpirit View Post
That is my sorority's colors too! I just transfered to a new school where my sorority isn't even in the state so I'm trying to start a chapter here!
Good luck with that!

/hijack