GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,613
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Flukenhb
» Online Users: 2,115
2 members and 2,113 guests
Xidelt

Old 01-11-2002, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

josh8o,
I believe the movie you're thinking of is "Half Baked."
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-11-2002, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
Yesterday my professor who weighs aproximately one ton (I'd guess) got pissed off because he didn't have any chalk.

so what'd he do?

He kicked a hole through the wall!!!!!

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace
Old 01-11-2002, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
Also, a good friend of mine got trashed the night before one of his Calculus exams and he puked in class (and it got on his test), it wasn't too much so the teachers (it's a auditorium class) didn't notice, he wiped it off, finished it.........

and he got an A!

Also through all three of my first Calculus classes we had a quiz everyday at the beginning and the end of class. My roommate at the time would come to class, take the quiz, go to the bathroom and take a nap, then come back in for the 2nd part, but a couple of times she was still drunk so she actually passed out in the bathroom (there's a couch in there, she wasn't on the toilet) and missed that quiz, and another class or two.

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace
Old 01-11-2002, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll probably think of more later, but this came to mind first:

Sophomore I was in a history class that was extremely small - only about 8 kids ended up finishing the class. We're all sitting around doing this reading - it's me, one other guy, and six girls, and we're all spread out. The professor had us in groups of two to discuss the reading with each other. So I'm working on my exam, when I smelled something absolutely foul. I look around, absolutely disgusted by this series of events. All of a sudden, the girl sitting closest to me looks up and smiles, nods her head, then goes back to working on her test. All of a sudden, the two people nearest us look at us, they can smell it. It got bad enough that I had to leave the room.

Now - the girl I was working with was no bigger than about five feet tall, a very small girl. How she was able to rip one out like that, I'll have no clue.

Collin
Old 01-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid

Now - the girl I was working with was no bigger than about five feet tall, a very small girl. How she was able to rip one out like that, I'll have no clue.

Collin
LOL, take it from me, size doesn't matter at all when it comes to that!

Last edited by hocnsoc81; 01-11-2002 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Siobhan - I heard that story! I thought that happened at MY school!

My friend was in her Russian language class and the professor asked her a question, and she answered. The professor kept asking her the same question in Russian, and she continued to give the same answer. She didn't even realize what the problem was until the professor reminded her that she was in Russian class and was answering in Spanish!
Old 01-11-2002, 02:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Ok I have another one...

This was pretty scary at the time but is totally funny now...

I was sitting in history class back in February and there are about 15-20 students. My prof is blabbing on about Canadian Immigration policies. Anyways my table starts shaking a little bit and so my 1st reaction is to see who is tapping their feet cause that often will make little vibrations - well I'm not the only one doing this, I see other people looking around to se who is tapping their feet and then the room starts swaying back and forth like there's a wave going underneath it. Everybody stops listening to the lecture and starts talking and saying things like holy sh*t. My prof turns around (he's been writing on the board) and asks what the problem is. Hello what's the problem the ground is moving. So one of the students puts up his hand and says uh sir I think we're having an earthquake. My prof is just like oh, ok. So the shaking stops and he says what to do - should we go outside or stay in, we decided to stay put - oh yeah we'll do really well when that big one hits Vancouver. And so we resumed the lecture. I just still can't believe the prof didn't notice we were having an earthquake.

(The quake in Vancouver was caused by the 6.8 quake in Seattle - the seismologists said the it was only 2 something by the time it hit us which I totally don't believe cause we are used to having 3 and 4's and have never felt anything that big before.)

Last edited by Siobhan; 01-11-2002 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
I heard the semen story on the internet...anyway, I guess it could have happened to your friend...
Old 01-11-2002, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Why are fart stories sooo funny??? I wonder if Kendall is reading this thread...
Old 01-11-2002, 10:29 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
Why are fart stories sooo funny???
Sheer immaturity.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
josh8o,
I believe the movie you're thinking of is "Half Baked."
yeah, thats it!
Old 01-12-2002, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

One of the sem.I wasin Law Class and had been studying very hard and felt I deserved a break so went to the localwateringhole for acold one. In walks my Law Prof.gets a beer and comes and sits with me.!!!!!

The next morning as we are getting ready for the test he calls out 4 no neck jocks and tells them they flunked the test already!!!!

Well of course they got pissed and wanted to know why!

The good Doctor told them that he had seen them out at the bar and figured if they were out drinking, they were not studying. One big mouth says well Tom was there also.

In a very straight face Dr R. said yes but we were discussing law!!!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-11-2002, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

*Once we had a substitute teacher who was extremely small. While she was giving a lecture she lost her balance and fell in the trash can!

*I held my 7th grade teacher hostage with a super soaker water gun.

*I once had a prof who cursed in spanish when someone asked her if Taco Bell was real mexican food, I guess she found that offensive.

*One of my most proper and PC teachers who got offended by everything, farted in class, we never let her lived that down.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 09-11-2002, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

One story I heard secondhand:

On the first day of what I call Music Theory for Geniuses (I was not in the class), the professor came in, talked a little bit, then said to the class "Why did J.S. Bach have so many kids?" No one said anything, and class went back to business as usual. Two months later, my percussionist friend Gabe stood up in the middle of class and yelled out "Because he didn't have any stops on his organ!" Class then went back to business.

Senior year, I'm in orchestra rehearsal, rehearsing for the opera, which was "The Old Maid and the Thief" by Giancarlo Menotti. When a conductor rehearses the orchestra without the vocalists, he or she will usually read or sing the lines before an orchestra's entrance, so they know when to come in. Baton raised, the conductor sang the line "My dear, do you mean liquor?" and kept her baton in the air. She looked down from her podium at the first cellist , baton still raised, orchestra ready to play, and said "Liquor? I hardly know her!"

Graduate school, in Understanding Information. We're talking about copyrights and copyright law, and I was relaying a story about my days as a junior high band director and the quandaries they face. You can't give kids originals, 'cause they lose them and they're expensive to replace, and copying that much music is illegal. I said "So really if you teach junior high band, when it comes to copyright you're just S.O.L." I continued talking, but there was this rustle at the front of the classroom, then laughter. When I finished my sentence, I looked at the professor and said "What did I say?" Her TA, who had this wonderful accent (he was from Sri Lanka) said "I'm sorry, KappaStargirl, I just never had to translate before." Prof had never heard the phrase S.O.L before. Good thing she thought it was funny.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
I've got a few...

In high school AP US History, I had a few cute ones. The first incident involved my confusing the words "philanthropist" and "philanderer." As in, "I didn't know that Andrew Carnegie was so morally reprehensible." And then, the next week... There were four US Presidents assassinated while in office. I remembered two... the two nobody ever remembers (Garfield and McKinley), and couldn't for the life of me remember the other two.

Lionlove, woah! I too had an 8:30 history class my freshman year, I too had mono, so I relied on that morning pick-me-up, and I too spilled mine all over myself. I also knocked over the little dish of Golden Grahams (no milk) I'd brought with me for breakfast.

The next year, the morning after my grandfather died, I went to my one class before I had to drive home to meet my parents and go down to the funeral. I'd not slept much the night before. I showed up late for this class, not something I ever did 'cuz it was one of my faves, and got stuck with a seat in the back. That automaticly means that I'm not paying as much attention as I should be. Well, I was sitting there with my head resting on my left hand, taking notes with my right... I nodded off and slid forward on the desk and knocked my mug of hot Earl Gray and honey onto the girl in front of me. She let out a massive yelp, which woke me right up. The professor, my honours advisor, chose that moment to give us our break, probably so that she could go clean up. One of my sisters, who was in the class with me, sent me home to nap for a little while because she didn't want me driving like that.

The same conductor as in KappaStarGirl's story was reading down Beethoven's 9th with the orchestra (no choir yet) and she got a little overexuberant during one of the dotted-eighth-sixteenth note passages, lost control, and somehow wound up jamming her baton up her nose. She tells this story to all her intro conducting students and I almost peed my pants.

One time she was rehearsing our choir for Brahms' Ein Deutches Requiem on a lovely spring day and the biggest bee I've ever seen flew in through the open window and landed right at her feet. She jumped up on a stool and shrieked, then remembered where she was, slammed her fist on her chest and said, "Fear not! I'll get it!" She rolled up her score, scooped the bee up, and dumped it outside.

My first day teaching, my first class, I had an ED fourth grader punch me in the nose. Great shot, too. The kid landed it with his knuckles right up my nostrils. I was too taken aback to do anything. The other students were scandalized! "Oh my god, Mrs. H! Donald just punched Miss B!" Now I can laugh about it...