GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,666
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, banessjnry522
» Online Users: 1,092
1 members and 1,091 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 11-11-2001, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds great. Have an awesome time and keep your mind open. You'll find the perfect place for you.

About being in groups of four in individual girls' rooms. I'm not trying to stir things up, but at my school that would be dirty rushing. Hotboxing is what I think it's called, I'm not sure though, I do know that it is against the rules. All the rushees are supposed to be in the same common area of the house. It could be just at my school.

Please don't let my question make you think poorly of the girls, I was just curious.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-11-2001, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to roxydiva
first to kerri marie, i dont know what percent of the student population is greek. but i know our rush starts with about 1600 girls. of course a lot drop out due to grades and such.

lyrelyre, i dont think it was hotboxing. there were two rushers, and two rushees in one room. so it wasnt just one on one! that happened again today at GPhiB too

and onto part 3 of my 19 party weekend!! first, if anyone didnt know, indiana is having FABULOUS weather this weekend. a little chilly for my likes, but for this time of year in indiana, this is wonderful! so far today ive been to chi-o, SDT, GPhiB, AGD, and AEPhi. my favorite by far was GPhiB. all 3 of the girls i talked to were SO nice and sweet, and we all had great, not totally superficial conversations. like i said before, theyd have two rushees and two rushers in different rooms of the girls, so we didnt have to scream at each other! so nice! chi-o was my second fave, first of the morning, and VERY energetic so early in the day, haha! especially since this is our second day of this. i liked them as well, but once again, i was double rushed, and dont feel like i got all i could out of that house. AGD, talked to some really nice girls, but it just didnt click for me at all. couldnt picture myself there. so, yeah. sorry (you guys rave about AGD's but i get the feeling that here at IU, theyre a lot different?) and then theres SDT and AEPhi. theyre the "jewish" houses on campus. SDT to me was just not good. the first girl that rushed me, just kept looking around. i think she looked at me maybe once. i felt like this was totally a big pain in the ass for her! AEPhi, the girls were kind of odd to me, once again didnt click, but they were nice. and the girl i was double rushed with there, had a star of david necklace, and one of the rushers just kept looking at it. im like "ok i get it." heh. so thats my kind of analysis for the day. i wrap it up tonight with zeta, KD, AChiO, and DG! ill let you guys know what happens
roxydiva
Old 11-11-2001, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Oh Roxy you're right. I'm loving our Indiana weather! As a fellow Hoosier I'm really anxious to hear how your rush continues! I hope things continue to go well. Good luck through the next round!

Erin
Old 11-11-2001, 09:16 PM

Hotboxing

I think it is only considered hotboxing if it's like 4 sisters on one rushee. If it is equal numbers (2 sisters & 2 rushees) just going to a less congested place I don't think it's a problem.
Old 11-11-2001, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know the specific term. I just know that my panhellenic only allows PNMs to be in the common areas of the house except on house tour day. Any other day you have to get permission and have a really good reason. Even on house tour day we can get into trouble if a member and a PNM are straggling and they end up alone in a room. We also have to have at least four people in each room (2 members, 2PNMs) one the house tour. Maybe we are just really anal!

Last edited by lyrelyre; 11-11-2001 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2001, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to roxydiva
and heres the wrap up from 19 party! whoo! to end it, i went to ZTA, AChiO, KD, and DG. ok this was the best part of the weekend for me! i loved ZTA, alpha chi, and DG. KD was nice too, but i dont think i could see myself there as much. ZTA, i was very impressed. awesome awesome girls, and super nice house. i didnt know much about them going into it, so i was definitely pleasantly surprised. alpha chi was my fave going into this. i went to dinner there about a month ago, so i kind of knew the basic structure. i was double rushed there sadly, and the girl i was with, i was with several times, and shes basically an overacheiver, super smart, and dominates all the convos weve been in together, but i LOVE alpha chi, so i kept right on talking. lol! i was like "nope shes not stealing the spotlight from me here!" and the girls i had met at dinner and stuff came over to say hi and such! KD, yeah. nice girls. nice house! really liked it, but not so sure its me. very nice overall though, i can see why theyre so popular!! DG i also really liked. my best friend is a DG over at ISU, so i was looking forward to going there. had some interesting convos about my dog (whos part chiuhaha and cocker spaniel!) overall very fun though! such sweet girls. once again, i can see why theyre such a popular and strong chapter.
after we finished our last house, we met back up with our rho chis and did our rankings. if anyone wants to know mine, i can tell you, i just dont know if its appropriate to post it here? now we just have to sit tight for awhile! *SIGH* hate that. but you guys know for sure that ill keep posting when it gets going again, hope you enjoyed my weekend! im exhausted!
roxydiva
Old 11-11-2001, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

i know i want to know how you ranked them....
Old 11-11-2001, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MaryMayXO
Me too........
Old 11-11-2001, 10:50 PM

You actually have to rank the houses so early on??? At my school you saw who invited you back, and then chose which houses to keep... the only time you "ranked" houses was after pref.

I'd be curious to see how you ranked the houses - if only because my school had a lot fewer sororities (only 5) and 4 of the 5 that were at my school are also at yours.

Good luck with the rest of rush!
Old 11-11-2001, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooooh, I want to know too!
Old 11-11-2001, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I want to know!!
Old 11-12-2001, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
I think there is a consensus that you sould just post the rankings. Don't worry, noone will be offended.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a question. What happens now? When do you find out where you'll go for the next round? Do you have to wait until December? Why do they have you rank houses so soon? This is very different from my rush experience, so I just want to understand. Can someone explain?
Old 11-12-2001, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Were the rankings for you or did you have to turn them in? We had to rank but that was just so it would be quicker when we got our invites.

You will have an awesome time. You seem so open minded, that's the key.

Last edited by lyrelyre; 11-12-2001 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

roxy--i just joined gc and just got done reading all of your posts about rushing. it reminds me so much of last year when i went through that! i go to a smaller school though, so my rush wasn't so big. i'm glad you are having a good time...its stressful though, huh? anyways, i would like to know how you ranked the houses! after reading all of your posts, i'm really interested to see what you think so far! good luck throughout the rest of it! just remember, you need to do what is going to make you happy and what you believe in! good luck and happy rushing!!!!!