GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,653
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, athanttsoz9809
» Online Users: 1,479
0 members and 1,479 guests
No Members online

Old 10-14-2006, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by Ocalagirl; 05-26-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-14-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltrixx View Post

Ok ADPIUCF I know you do not agree with my decision. I am not trying to be rude but I feel you say things that are mean when you don't really know me. Maybe I just read it wrong (and I hope thats the case), but this was not the only time you and others have done this. There is very few people who ACTUALLY know me in real life and those people understand my decisions. For me I did what I wanted to and did not listen to my gut. I got down there and am not happy. I have prayed about my decisions, talked it over with my parents, and AM finally at peace with my decision. I also believe I need a semester off because I have been running full tilt through college and am getting burned out. I know you might not agree with my decision, but as nicely as I can I DON'T CARE! This school might have been right for you and my sister, but is not RIGHT FOR ME! Again I am not trying to rude or bitchy, but I feel I have to justify my decisions to everyone and its getting old. I still respect Greek Life very much and will probably rush again, even though my mom is not real keen on the idea because she is afraid I will get rejected again. I know this is a VERY BIG probability, but I know so much more now then I knew then and plan on going in with a different perspective. Thats it and I have to run
I think you're reading her wrong hun. She was addressing EGAOPi so she wouldn't keep bringing up stuff in your thread that happened forever ago. You are leaving school, so she was letting her know that whatever your feelings were about AEPhi, they're not relevant now for discussion, that's all. No need to get defensive.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltrixx View Post
Yeah I have two friends at FSU that are the proud new members of pledge class '06 of Delta Alpha Chi, the local sorority at FSU, and they are both extremely happy!!
that's fabulous! i've never heard of that one, actually--my friend's really interested in a local sorority there, delta nu zeta. i'll have to mention this one to her, too! xoxo
Old 10-15-2006, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok ADPIUCF I know you do not agree with my decision. I am not trying to be rude but I feel you say things that are mean when you don't really know me. Maybe I just read it wrong (and I hope thats the case), but this was not the only time you and others have done this. There is very few people who ACTUALLY know me in real life and those people understand my decisions. For me I did what I wanted to and did not listen to my gut. I got down there and am not happy. I have prayed about my decisions, talked it over with my parents, and AM finally at peace with my decision. I also believe I need a semester off because I have been running full tilt through college and am getting burned out. I know you might not agree with my decision, but as nicely as I can I DON'T CARE! This school might have been right for you and my sister, but is not RIGHT FOR ME! Again I am not trying to rude or bitchy, but I feel I have to justify my decisions to everyone and its getting old. I still respect Greek Life very much and will probably rush again, even though my mom is not real keen on the idea because she is afraid I will get rejected again. I know this is a VERY BIG probability, but I know so much more now then I knew then and plan on going in with a different perspective. Thats it and I have to run[/QUOTE]

First of all, I was addressing EGAOPi. As a new poster she's been replying to older threads and I wanted to give her a heads-up. You were bummed about recruitment and it seemed unecessary to dredge up this thread. So excuse me.

Second, you are the one putting yourself on the internet and sharing your information. I don't put much concern into why you're leaving your university-- it has nothing to do with me. LOL. You have your reasons, the means and the motivation. So do it.

Third, there's no need to feel like you have to justify yourself to internet handles. That being said, you've shared so much information about your thougths and feelings on GC that of course people are going to draw conclusions, correct or not. Clearly you do care what a bunch of strangers think about you or you wouldn't post that kind of personal information and then feel the need to defend yourself to those strangers for any of their perceived right or wrong interpretation of your motivations.

You shouldn't feel you have to justify anything to anyone. And you shouldn't read into everything you read on Greek Chat, or care what strangers think about you transferring out after a semester.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Well I apologize. Obviously I read into it wrong and I'm sorry.