GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 1,943
3 members and 1,940 guests
Cookiez17, zluisswftz3482

Old 02-04-2002, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

good luck! i know you will do awesome! keep us updated!!
xoxo
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-04-2002, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
ACK! Where are you?

Out celebrating because you got the phone call I hope!

Amy
Old 02-04-2002, 03:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hi there, thank you all so much for your kind words... but unfortunately I didn't receive a bid... I understand that they couldn't take a lot of girls, but I'm still incredibly hurt and sad. It's hard, cuz I'm sure you guys know what i mean when I say it's like rejection in your face... i know it's not like that, but that's how it feels... i still love the girls and everything, but I think I'm done w/ the whole greek thing, at least for now... i mean, hey- if COB happens, yay for that, but I can't see myself going through rush again... I've already done it twice, and it's just too hard... a girl can only take so much... I'm really sad right now, but I know I'll get over it and be better, it just hurts... I really need to find some other things to do to keep me busy and make me feel like part of a smalled community... I've checked out all the clubs, and things just didn't feel right or didn't work out, so i dunno... thank you all so much for your kind words, so if you have any advice to help me, i'm all open for suggestions
Old 02-04-2002, 07:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Gee, I'm so sorry things didn't fall into place. I wish Juniorgirl was here to read this. Her Rush experience was an emotinal rollercoaster. I don't have any astounding words of wisdom, but I know the generous people on GC will have some solid advice.
I hope you stay with GC and let us know what you are up to.
You will be OK when this is farther behind you. I think everyone of us has exerienced some kind of moment when we felt exactly like you described. At least I know I have. It does get better!
Old 02-04-2002, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Ditto with what justamom said, especially at the end there. And take heart--a lot of us have rushed more than once and ended up in a sorority we were happy with. Just take it easy and remember that you don't have to make any decisions now!

If I were you, I'd make sure I had a great GPA and joined some clubs that made me happy. Get to know lots of people, Greek and non-Greek! Then...let's see what happens.
Old 02-04-2002, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
GiantsChic--

I know you said you really didn't feel you belonged at Sigma Kappa or A D Pi, but maybe another look? I don't know, you just seem like such an outgoing and fun young woman, that any sorority would be lucky to have you. I hope you find your way...I can imagine how tough it was to not get your bid. Keep your chin up, and if you need anything, feel free to PM me
Old 02-04-2002, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Unhappy

Aww sweetie,

I'm so sorry to hear things did not work out the way you had hoped. I was so looking forward to hearing that another non-greek here on GC had entered the land of greekdom.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Maybe this is not the group you were suppose to pledge. Or maybe you are suppose to be a KD,just not at your school. Whatever the reason,things have a way of working themselves out. I also hope that this does not kill your goal of wanting to be greek. Maybe you should look at alumi initation. Just remember that all of here at GC are behind you 100%

Have a Good Day and Keep your head up
Old 02-04-2002, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi GiantsChic,

I just picked up this thread this morning - I am so so sorry for you. I know 100% exactly what you are going through. It sucks beyond belief and you end up feeling like something is wrong with you.

Whatever you do, keep a positive outlook, keep yourself busy, don't let them see that they hurt you. I joined a very well-respected service org after my first rush experience, and even though I didn't like it too much, I stuck with it, and now its great.

My best advice is to find a good activity and just stay with it. Before you know it, you'll be like me, a graduating senior, who has so much more to worry about in life than not being up to someone's arbitrary standards to be worthy of your friendship.

Please PM me if you'd like to talk! *hug*
Old 02-04-2002, 07:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out for you.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Sigh. OK, that totally sucks.

Take care of yourself, do fun things and know that this has no bearing on who you are.

Maybe you'll feel like going it again, maybe you won't. Only time will tell.

I'm sorry!
Amy
Old 02-04-2002, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Giantschic!!

Hi!! Just wanted to say, Greek or not, you are still the AWESOME person that you were before this whole rush experience. Please don't get down on yourself...you know yourself and you know your own abilities and wonderful traits (sweet, funny, caring, a great friend, a Giants fan ...the list goes on) that NO ONE can take away from you. I'm so sorry that the rush experience hasn't worked out for you so far, but please realize that no matter what, you are STILL the amazing girl you've always been. Please take extra care of yourself and remember, I am just a PM away! I have missed talking to you! I will be keeping you in my prayers!

Love always,
C.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

awwww

Awwwww...gosh, I don't think I have any great words of wisdom either.

Newbie has the right idea. Remember that *you* are still the same wonderful *you* that you've always been and always will be!

I participated in a greek-lettered academic honor society during my college years and found it very fulfilling. But, I do understand what you mean when you say that you feel like there is still something missing. I've posted before on GC about how I had gotten a bid to a sorority but, due to a family situation, had to decline. Years later I rushed that same sorority again during informal recruitment. The chapter didn't seem to be anywhere near total...and there were literally only 4 girls rushing. Would you believe it? I didn't get a bid.

Yeah, it hurts knowing that I narrowly missed out on being Greek *twice*. But when I decided to change my perspective, I realized how much I was able to contribute to my campus and community by just being me.

And now, so much later, there's a possibility that I can still be initiated as an alumnae.

I'm hoping you might see it the way I did. I know *I tried* and I have no regrets about that. No one can say that I only made a half-hearted attempt. I think it says something when a PNM tries a secod time. It shows your sincerity.

Give some other campus organizations a try. And just be proud of yourself. If you know you're a quality person, then it's just KD's loss. Ok?

Big hugs!

......Kelly
Old 02-05-2002, 07:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up my heart's with you

i'm sad for you, but give it some time and take a look a other things to do on campus. also you might think about alpha phi omega (that's a good service group).
i echo earlier statements. you are a terrific girl. don't allow this to leave a lasting impression.
keep your chin up.
mmcat