View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I think the fraternities that left have been (and will be) fine, as a couple can (and did) seek membership in NIC. I'm interested in seeing what happens to the sororities, though.

Interesting stuff. Thanks.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarca7 View Post
what would you consider a peer organization?
pet peeve "cultural" forcus latinos are not a race. but I know what you meant

So why even form a coucil wouldn't most LGLO's and MGLO's have "mutual interest" with NPHC?

Does NPHC have requirments?
It doesn't matter to me what organizations NALFO consider to be its peers, but what NALFO orgs consider to be its peers.

The NPHC requirements are:

a. Be devoted to general fraternity or sorority ideals and be in conformity with the NPHC Constitution and Bylaws and the NPHC Mission Statement.

b. Have been in existence for at least fifteen (15) years and shall have been incorporated in the United States of America.

c. Be national in scope and consist of a total of no less than one hundred (100) undergraduate and alumni chapters, which have a current financial membership of at least five (5) persons. Of the aforesaid 100 undergraduate and alumni chapters, a total of no less than fifty (50) must have been a part of the fraternity or sorority for at least ten (10) years.

d. Have constitutional provisions for a national convention, with interim authority vested in trustees, a board of directors or the officers who supervise the affairs of the fraternity or sorority.

e. Have undergraduate chapters recognized by and be in good standing with accredited four-year colleges or universities which offer at least a baccalaureate degree.