Thread: New Member 101
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Some things for sorority new members from a OB Frat guy

I can add a couple things for the sorority new members, on what fraternity members will think of you.

1) While it's more than perfectly okay to make a lot of friends in one fraternity and spend a lot of time hanging with them, don't spend all your time there. Seriously, mix it up, and hang out with another fraternity once in while. That way, in case things go sour with your "favorite" youre not stuck without any friends.

2) If you don't want guys to think youre easy or a slut, don't go around making out with every guy at a party. Common sense I would suppose, but I've seen freshmen girls who have about a 78% completion rate of making out (or hooking up further) with both the sophomore and freshmen pledge classes of a fraternity. You don't want to be that girl that everyone talks about getting her to ride the XYZ train.

3) When at a party house, please please PLEASE respect the owner's who live there and their property. Don't go in to closed rooms, smoke inside, steal stuff, eat food, or anything that you wouldn't want someone to do to your dorm room. Those guys are sticking their necks out for you and your little underage drunkfest...help them out by not doing things that are going to get the party busted or make them not want to have a party again.