View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Ok whoever said something about fixing the problem about getting into a sorority if you're overweight to just lose weight... why should it be like that? Why should someone change their personal appearance just to fit in? What if this overweight girl fit in perfectly? Would you still not take her? If so, I would hate to rush your school, or more so hate to be your sister.

I think it's a sign of the times... at least at my school. Altho I do have to say that with each post, I'm loving my school more and more and realizing how accepting we are of different people-- age, race, appearance-- everything! But I do have to throw this in..... I've never had problems with my sisters accepting me. I'm a pretty big girl. I've never had problems until now... when stupid little immature sisters only care about the looks of a girl. Makes me sad to see where my chapter is going if these are the few girls that will be running it. Don't get me wrong... I love my chapter. But it seems the younger they get, the more superficial they get.

And back to the topic... after rush I was so sad to see two girls that I liked and I know my chapter liked-- didn't get bids. At my school tho, it could very possibly be that they suicided and didn't get their choice. I hate the way numbers and quota work tho. It really sucks.

KLTC