View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
I know that everyone is going to get mad at me for saying this, but I have to agree with USchica about the whole weight thing definitely being a factor during USC rush. When I rushed, I definitely wasn't fat or anything, but some of the heavier girls in my rush group, even though they were really nice, got cut a little bit harder than others. While I was more along the lines of a size 6, I still got heavily cut as well....mainly because I didn't wear all of the right clothes, didn't have any reccomendations, was kind of shy, etc. But in the end, being heavily cut, while I was devastated at the time, ended up being the best thing for me....because if I had gotten into my fave house, alpha phi, I never would have met all the amazing girls in my local, Alpha Gamma Gamma. While I ended up being friends with alot of APhis and spending the night their many times, and always wondered what it would have been like if I had gotten into Alpha Phi, I realized later that I needed a smaller chapter like AGG to change me from the shy girl who had never been away from home for more than a week, who had never had a drink in her life, never even kissed a boy, never really had strong girlfriends, to the much more confident and savvy woman that I am today!!!!!

So don't always look at being cut as a negative, sometime you'll find your niche somewhere else, and realize that what you thought you wanted, isn't what you would have wanted now!!!!!
[though I'm not saying if you're cut, it was meant to be that way!]