View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Update: the next chapter!

Hello, friends.

I was sitting around last night feeling sorry for myself since things didn't work out with Yap, Micronesia. I had one beer and then another and another and I thought long and hard about what exactly I wanted from a restaurant. Is this worth it, I asked myself. Yes, it is! Fueled by my longstanding dreams and the kind words of encouragement from my dear friends on GC, I got dressed (in black pants from Ann Taylor, a lacy Banana Republic shirt and coordinating Fendi handbag with JCrew boots) and took a cab to a restaurant that has always appealed to me ever since I once read their menu while passing by one evening.

My hopes were quickly dashed once I arrived and there was not an available table. From the lobby, I called a dear old friend from college (I was able to attend a fine university thanks to a scholarship that resulted from a hybrid verbena plant I developed when I was 17 that is both fragrant, beautiful and exceptionally drought resistant) who is in the Junior League in Virginia. She had many comforting words for me, and it just so happened that a kind woman who was also a member of Junior League in Virginia was leaving the restaurant as I was emotionally discussing my restaurant problems with my friend. I'll be darned if she didn't stop right then and there and tell me that she knows someone who owns a great restaurant just a few blocks away! She offered to accompany me to this restaurant, which I will call Vilnius, Lithuania, next Sunday for brunch! I am simply beside myself! I hope Vilnius, Lithuania will be my new home!

What should I wear to brunch when I hope to make a good impression on my new friend?