View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Back to the topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarca7 View Post
So we never got to the point of this thread...should an organization that no longer promotes themselves as latino or latina be allowed to stay in NALFO.

Also, what about the orgs that left? I doubt they will be allowed into NMGC so is a new council the best fit for organizations who were founded as Latino or Latina but now consider themselves multiculturals?
Just some thoughts people...

P.S. this is stupid but what would you call the council? slow work day...
Coming back to the topic at hand, I think that if the org is already a member of NALFO, unless NALFO really wants to cut down on member orgs, it should stay, if not for anything else than historical ties as NALFO is what is also in part to these orgs. The criteria of being a solely LGLO could be for new members.

As for the orgs that left, as a member of one, I doubt they'll look into NMGC. NMGC is even younger than NALFO and has many of the same issues. The orgs could find the many of the same conflicts they had in NALFO before, although NMGC does have less members, having even lost two member orgs since its founding. Also, I don't think a new council would be wise. There are too many umbrella councils already.

Finally, excluding the orgs that left NALFO up to 2006, the three fraternities that left NALFO are NIC members. SLG might have it more challenging, but it is currently stable enough to not being hurt by not being a member of a National council. Don't get me wrong, being a member of a National council is good, but is not ultimately necessary.

ΓΒΦ, BΓΣ, ΦKΦ, OΔK
Societies