View Single Post
Old 03-04-2002, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Putting it ALL together

Let's say you want a signature that has your greek letters and your chapter name. You want the Greek letters and the chapter name to be bordeaux (or as close as we can get here), and you want them to be large and bold.

On the next line you want your favorite quote from the Alpha Phi Creed. You want the quote to be somewhat smaller, in silver italics.

Here's what you would do:

(Again as a reminder, replace { } with [ ] .)

{B}{COLOR=darkred}{SIZE=5}{FONT=symbol}AF{/FONT}{/SIZE} - {SIZE=4}Gamma Iota Chapter at Texas Tech {/SIZE}{/COLOR}{/B}

With the code above, your text should appear like this:

AF - Gamma Iota Chapter at Texas Tech

Notice in the code above, I close the FONT tag before all of the others because I want the rest of my text NOT to appear in greek letters.

Remember that EVERY tag needs a closing tag, so if you start italics with {I}, you must close it when you don't want your text to be italicized anymore.

For your second line, you would code it something like this:

{B}{COLOR=silver}{SIZE=2}{I}"I believe in the friendships formed in the springtime of my youth."
-- The Alpha Phi Creed{/I}{/SIZE}{/COLOR}{/B}

With the code above, your text should look like this (again, remember to replace { } with [ ] when you actually try it):

"I believe in the friendships formed in the springtime of my youth."
-- The Alpha Phi Creed

Final note, remember to close all tags in reverse order, so if you start with Italics, then Bold, then Color; close tags starting with Color, then Bold, then Italics.

The finished product:

AF - Gamma Iota Chapter at Texas Tech
"I believe in the friendships formed in the springtime of my youth."
-- The Alpha Phi Creed

That's it Good luck!

Last edited by TechAPhi; 03-04-2002 at 01:53 AM.