View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
To someone who is looking at joining a local sorority with 20 sisters versus a large national with over 200, it is easier to get to know every single person. Is it this way on every campus? No. I don't know the specifics of Wayne State GLOs, so I can't speak to the numbers on that campus. Being in a local sorority is a unique experience. But no, I don't think the bonds developed are "unique" or "better than" the bonds developed in a chapter of a national organization.
I never said you believed it. I was mentioning what was on her website. If you don't know the specifics of Wayne State, why are you commenting on it? She is a local sorority at Wayne State where there are other National sororities. Maybe someone who knows more about that school can help us out with this one. I don't know much about the school either but, for her sorority at that campus, she is claiming it is a better fit essentially as she seems to bash nationals. Then she comes on to GC and wants others to take her sorority nationally by offering it up in other threads to start up on their campus. So, she doesn't think that large sororities or national sororities are as unique or close-knit as local ones but, then she wants to make her local a national? Do you see the incongruence?