View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree with a lot of what sugar and spice is saying. What do you want me to tell you, that telling me you "babysat your cousins and worked on your tan over the summer" is supposed to impress me? I want you to stand out a little.

There are very few girls that my chapter does not bid - we're not the house that takes everybody, but most girls don't rush us unless they already know most of us - we're kind of COB champs. For girls we haven't bid, I won't give you the specifics (ie "Heather got cut because at SigEp's last party she gave my boyfriend a lapdance then took off her shirt") but it's ranging from conflicts with a girl in the house already, to behaving poorly at a party, to their age (I'm sorry, it's mean, but if you're 28, you just aren't going to want to go play flip-cup with us, we know it), to the fact that their grades sucked.

Just because we cut you does not mean you are a bad person. We've cut girls that I think are totally awesome - they just don't belong in my house. I think everybody has one house on their campus that they KNOW they don't belong in, but they probably still have a few friends there.

So, yes, Susie PNM, even though it's just UW-Platteville, if you have a 2.0 from high school and are just rushing because we hang out with the cool fraternities, and the most interesting thing you say during rush is "So do you drink in the house?" you're going to get cut. I might still think you're fun and want to hang out with you, and I'll still say hi to you on campus. You just wouldn't click with us. IT doesn't mean your life is over.