View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Mandelion
Arrow Manda's Rush Thread

Since I've officially started rush now, I figured I would start a thread for it so the other can retire ^_^.

SO:
Last night I went to Blue's first interest party and it went as follows:

The plan was to meet at a central place and be picked up at 6:30 for their Luau. By the time it was time to go about 30 girls were there, which was a little intimidating until I found out over half of them were freshmen (freshmen can't rush in the Fall here). Then the sisters came driving up with balloons on their cars and honking their horns. We drove to a park about 3 minutes away and as we drove up they were doing really loud, really cute chant. We were brought up one by one and a sister came forward, put a lei on us and led us across the room by the arm.

There everyone had to sign in and those going through rush had to fill out a grade release form. (A little long, but necessary ) Then I basically talked to our greeter for about 15 minutes and a few other sisters that came around to us.
I had no idea they were only allowed to have us for 15 mintues on the first night, that was a big shocker. And a lot of the time we were talking about the sorority(philanthropy, history, traditions) so I worry I didn't have enough to get to know her. Either way, I think it was a great start and a lot more girls know me now than they did this time yesterday!

Overall: I could have been more prepared with questions but I got along really well with my greeter, learned A LOT and had a good time doing it, the sisters were so sweet! Its a group I could definitely see myself in.

Next Wednesday I have parties with Blue and Green at 6 and 7:30 PM

I have NO idea how the bid process works though and does someone want to explain to me what COB is?