View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it depends both on the size of the Greek system and the strength of the girls going through -- I know that at my school, for example, that the biggest houses don't generally accept non-freshmen because they can have their pick of great girls. (And if there are two girls who are in all other ways equal, but one is a freshman and the other's a sophomore . . . it only makes sense that they'd pick the girl with four years of college life still ahead of her.) However, the houses that aren't at total generally have no problem with the sophomores and juniors coming through, and I know of a couple chapters this year who got really amazing pledge classes full of great girls because they nabbed the awesome sophomores and juniors who were getting cut from the bigger sororities simply because of their class standing.

I went through rush at my school as a sophomore, and while I'll admit that the sophomores I knew that rushed with me were a little bit less lucky than the freshmen when it came to getting asked back to houses, most of them still ended up in a sorority they loved. So here, at least, rush is more difficult as an upperclassmen, but it's by no means impossible to get into a good house.