View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I didn't realize that classification mattered at my school until a couple months ago! Thank God I didn't know that I when I went through rush, because I was a sophomore and I'm sure I would have been petrified. Basically, it's only the bigger groups that tend to prefer freshmen...I still had a full schedule of parties every day when I went through, but I was cut from the biggest house on campus the first day (which is OK--I didn't like it anyway! ), and then was gradually cut by the other two or three big ones all the way up until Pref. I remember being disappointed that I didn't get invited to Pref at one house in particular, but I just assumed it was because they didn't like me...but now that I know they only take two or three sophomores each year, I'm kinda annoyed. I mean, that's a stupid reason to cut someone! But I fit in here at DZ better than I would there, so it all worked out. In a way, I think juniors have it a little easier than sophomores (at least here), because juniors don't count against quota and so they're less likely to be cut because of their classification, while sophomores are competing with freshmen...and many sororities do prefer freshman because theoretically they have more dues-paying years than sophomores do.