View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Bit of advice...

KEEP AN OPEN MIND. GIVE EACH AND EVERY SORORITY A CHANCE!!!! If you have your heart set on the top house, you will probably end up disappointed. Everyone wants to be in that house so they will most likely fill up their new member class with freshmen.

If you are a junior but will be in school for more than two more years, TELL THEM! When they ask the inevitable "what year are you" question say "I'm classified as a junior but since I changed my major (transferred in or whatever the case) I will be here for three more years." It will make a difference if that is the reason they were not considering you before.

Also, research alum programs and factor that into your decision. If you join as a junior you will be a collegian for only two years but could be an alum for 70 years or more! While freshman may be focused on house reputation and partying, as a junior you are starting to think about career and networking. Make sure the groups you are interested in have the opportunities you will want after college.